Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Arm Problems

Ok- I'm on my 3rd stock Torque arm. I have no idea why this car eats them, but it doesn't seem to last long. I will be buying an aftermarket piece (haven't decided yet). Does anyone know why this keeps happening? I know I've seen other cars that the TA has lived. I putting down about 400rwhp, M6, and 4.30 gears on 275-50-15 Nitto DR's.
Here's the first one

Here's the second one

Old 11-19-2003, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Guessing - based on what I think I see in the photos - you are not properly torqueing the bolts. I am guessing again...they are supposed to be 75’/lbs, damn tight.

The holes look wobbled out of round, and it looks like there is galling on the front hole(s). How often do you verify the torque values?

Tell me if I am right. You at some point you had the torque arm off and it was after the reinstall you started having failures.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zeta
Guessing - based on what I think I see in the photos - you are not properly torqueing the bolts. I am guessing again...they are supposed to be 75’/lbs, damn tight.

The holes look wobbled out of round, and it looks like there is galling on the front hole(s). How often do you verify the torque values?

Tell me if I am right. You at some point you had the torque arm off and it was after the reinstall you started having failures.

On the first one, I had one bolt come loose. The other 3 were tight as hell. On the second TA, EVERY damn bolt was tight as hell and had red threadlock on it. I had hell just geting the bolts out of the rear end.
I thought about that.

I have heard mixed reviews about the BMR xtreme TA and the Spohn- what about Madman's TA?

What are the ups and downs of each? WIll the BMR Xtreme hold?

Quick Reply: Torque Arm Problems