Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What lower control arms should "I" buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009 | 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Default What lower control arms should "I" buy?

My LCAs need new bushings, so it's wheel hopping like you would not believe. The bushing is completely gone... anyway! I dont drag race much, Im looking for mainly a handling upgrade for going through the corners.

Any recommendations?

EDIT: This is for my 95 Z28
Old 07-27-2009 | 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Call up UMI. I've used them for everything suspension related and have no complaints at all.
Old 07-27-2009 | 08:49 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Call up UMI. I've used them for everything suspension related and have no complaints at all.

Don't really feel like calling long distance, I dont have a house phone, just a cellphone so it's quite expensive.

Maybe someone can chime in and tell me about LCAs that will drasticly improve corner carving rather than just going in a straight line?
Old 07-27-2009 | 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Let me tell you my experience with LCAs. I read threads over and over about them and what Ends to get on them. Seemed like the best was a Poly end on one side and Rod Ends in the other. I ended getting them like that and... They make alot of moise. I dont know if I got a set with bad Rod Ends but I tried everything to quiet them down and nothing. So I sold them. Now I will be ordering UMI Poly/Poly with Adjustability.
Old 07-27-2009 | 11:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Hello, since you are going to do a little corner carving our TCA004 poly/rod end combo would be the best choice. The rod end goes on the rear end side allowing it to move freely with no binding. They are also on car adjustable. We use QA1 XR series self lubricating rod ends which allow for maintenance free use. These arms move more freely than a poly/poly arm. If you have any questions about this or any of our BMR products please give me a call.
Attached Thumbnails What lower control arms should "I" buy?-tca004hsmall.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Hello
Thanks for the recommendation. Great to hear that you are satisfied with the products.

Originally Posted by Epro
Don't really feel like calling long distance, I dont have a house phone, just a cellphone so it's quite expensive.
Hello
Pm me your phone # and I will give you a call. We offer a wide variety of rear lower control arms such as non adjustable to double adjustable. Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer!
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ukkbd4lbkq0ak7

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Pm sent.
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

1le bushings
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Pm me your phone # and I will give you a call.
I must say, you guys often go way out of your way to help people out and everyone on the forum truly appreciates it!
Old 07-27-2009 | 02:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
I must say, you guys often go way out of your way to help people out and everyone on the forum truly appreciates it!
Yeah we do! And it is Great to hear that everyone does appreciate it. A lot of people some times think we are always trying to sale them something and that's not true we just always want to keep peoples options open always looking to give advice. Either our product or not. That is what we are here for!
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-27-2009 | 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

[/QUOTE] Hello
Pm me your phone # and I will give you a call. We offer a wide variety of rear lower control arms such as non adjustable to double adjustable. Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer!
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ukkbd4lbkq0ak7

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad [/QUOTE]

Hell, if that's not service I don't know what is...

To the OP, call him up, he's a great guy to work with, you won't be dissapointed!
Old 07-27-2009 | 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

stock LCA with 1le bushings
Old 07-27-2009 | 10:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Epro
My LCAs need new bushings, so it's wheel hopping like you would not believe. The bushing is completely gone... anyway! I dont drag race much, Im looking for mainly a handling upgrade for going through the corners.

Any recommendations?

EDIT: This is for my 95 Z28
Which end of the car? Front lower control arms or rear lower control arms?
Old 07-28-2009 | 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Hello, since you are going to do a little corner carving our TCA004 poly/rod end combo would be the best choice. The rod end goes on the rear end side allowing it to move freely with no binding. They are also on car adjustable. We use QA1 XR series self lubricating rod ends which allow for maintenance free use. These arms move more freely than a poly/poly arm. If you have any questions about this or any of our BMR products please give me a call.
i got those. The on car adjustability sold them, i happen to spend alot of time with alignment racks so...

But yeah they do make noise a lil bit, it was nothing more than expected though.
Old 07-28-2009 | 01:32 PM
Banned

i would go with 6LE LCA. they have a poly rod end on both ends. they are great.

99bluz28 sent you a pm. they i bet he told you the same thing. and they last for ever.

here is a LINK to get them

and belwo is a picture of them
Attached Thumbnails What lower control arms should "I" buy?-j-j-lca.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009 | 06:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6

99bluz28 sent you a pm. they i bet he told you the same thing. and they last for ever.

I like the idea of the "poly rod end" LCA. Are these still available? Is the e-mail address that I saw mentioned their only point of contact?
Old 07-29-2009 | 06:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I like the idea of the "poly rod end" LCA. Are these still available? Is the e-mail address that I saw mentioned their only point of contact?
Hello
Yes the poly/rod end lower control arms are still available. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...kbhtntmo4o8rt6

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2009 | 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6

I thought you said they have to be rebuilt every 2-3 years?
Old 07-29-2009 | 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

I would personally go with stock LCA style arms with 1LE or Moog bushings. Or go with a rod/poly or rod/rod end set of LCA's if I was hell bent on getting a new set of arms. I wouldn't go with the poly/poly style because they can supposedly add a bit of sway resistance. It's probably minimal, but in order to balance my ride I prefer the rear swaybar to be thing that resists the car swaying to prevent any extra unneeded oversteer.
Old 07-29-2009 | 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I thought you said they have to be rebuilt every 2-3 years?
they have to be rebuilt when ever they were out. not like normal rod ends that you just thought.

and alot of the off road guys rebuild them every 2 to 3 years. some go 8.