Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Sway bars too much?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI Sway bars too much?

I have a 98 3.8 Camaro that is my dd and I want it to handle better. I had drag shocks on the rear and now am headed a different way with it. I now have cheap KYB GR2 shocks on the rear just to have something on there to get the drag shocks off and on my third gen.
I have stock springs but want to lower a little, maybe Strano.
I have BMR sfcs welded on and want to get some front matching shocks if I'm happy with the KYBs or something else to replace stock up there.
I was planing on the new UMI sway bar set that is 35/22 and was told by a friend that those are too big for my v6, and to get a set off of an ss or ws6 which is 32/19.
This was said because of the weight loss I have on my v6, which I have heard is really not that true because the ls1 is aluminum and is close enough to the same weight. So please tell me what I need to get. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found a 19mm rear cheap local. How would this do with the UMI 35mm front?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well.

a 35mm front is a lot more bar than that 19 is in the rear. It would be much better matched to a 21 or 22mm rear.

I really don't think the V6 cars have a huge weight difference compared to the V8 cars to the point it would make a big problem for bars. I could see it with springs, but I am not sure with bars though.

I don't have the solid facts on this though, so you may want to wait around for more opinions or just call up strano and talk to him about it.

Quick Reply: UMI Sway bars too much?