Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Right rear brake locking up on hard braking?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right rear brake locking up on hard braking?

My car has had this problem ever since I finished it, now after a close call with being unable to stop, it's time I resolve it.

When I'm braking hard, the right rear brake almost instantly locks, and slides. It will NOT release if I keep the pedal pressure on, and the car does not seem to stop fast, at all. I have never had the left rear brake do the same thing. The car is an 02 WS6, with traction control. I have bled the brakes twice, with the key both off and on, and had no better luck. I have disassembled and lubed the caliper, still no luck. Lots of pad left, the car only has 20,000 miles but has been like this since I got it with 2000 on it.

History of the car, the car was a TL that I totally disassembled, and moved everything to a different chassis. There is possibilities of damaged lines or even mixed up lines, if that's possible. The brake components are all stock. I currently have the ABS fuse pulled, and on hard braking now both rear wheels lock up, and the car is almost scary to control. Any suggestions?