Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

first real suspension piece ordered; kind of excited...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never said it would fall apart without. Nor did I blame the dimples on body flex. I have known for years what causes that. I would encourage them from my experience having three of these cars. If you don't want them then don't get them. I personally like the peace of mind.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
SFC are debatable....and if you knew anything you would agree.
So I'm sure you have valid points but it's really a coin toss the individual should have the right to make.

Not something I would continue pushing as a first mod...
don't care what your reliable source said.

I know what I know from experience. I am a pretty aggressive driver who makes it to the track a few times a year. Most of my fun is in curves on back roads and on the interstate when I find them. I felt my old ttop car flex really hard one time and that is a scarey feeling. I got me an '02 vert which felt pretty tight stock. I put sfcs on it and it made the whole car feel much tighter. It didn't feel tighter because someone said it would. It felt tighter because it felt tighter. I was able to take curves a little faster and so on. My arguement is sfcs will make a bigger difference than lcas.

quite frankly I don't know what the hell you're argueing about... You're just discrediting mods that you've never even tried. You're all on some he say she say bull. I did my homework. If something doesn't work for me I'd take it back off. I could give two ***** if someone else wants to put sfcs on their car. I just know that I'm not taking mine back off becuase I love them. I'm giving advise from my own experience unlike you.

and YES, sfcs will make a much larger difference in the car than lcas.

I've done both mods to my car, have you?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm not arguing with you......but you are comparing a convertible to a hard top.

as you i dont give a rats *** what you end up doing. So to the original thread owner, just do your research and pull the trigger. It's your car and your money.

gnite
Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
i'm not arguing with you......but you are comparing a convertible to a hard top.

as you i dont give a rats *** what you end up doing. So to the original thread owner, just do your research and pull the trigger. It's your car and your money.

gnite
Like I said, I had a ttop car too. I've had both.
Originally Posted by z28_theantirice
Just placed an order the the first real suspension piece for my car, UMI poly/rodend LCAs.

After I completed the T56 swap, I could really start to feel where the suspension in the car was starting to fall short on hard launches. Any kind of hard launch it would wheel hop like a SOB. Keep in mind the suspension is completely stock minus poly endlinks, poly swaybar bushings and a 1LE bar up front. Excited to see how these LCAs affect how the car drives.

I think a tunnel mounted TA is next; after replacing the TA bushing with a poly piece it appears to be bent? Unless the stock TA has a natural bend, I cant remember?
you say 1le bar up front, which one? 32mm was for some years and 35mm was for others. If you have a 32mm then it is the older 1le one and the same one that is standard on 98-02 SS/ws6/firehawk cars. If you have the 35mm then you have the 1le bar from the 98-02 years.

If you're rocking the 32mm, just keep your 19mm on the rear. If you put a 35mm on then you need to get a 21mm or 22mm to match it in the rear to keep the car balanced. Your lcas will not make that great of a difference. They will feel more sturdy than your stock ones did, but you will not feel like wow every time you get in your car as if you did certain other things. I suggest you get relocation brackets too and just install them at the same time. The brackets will def make a difference in traction. Wheel hop will show up way less. I haven't done it yet, but a torque arm is def an awesome traction piece.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
Like I said, I had a ttop car too. I've had both.

you say 1le bar up front, which one? 32mm was for some years and 35mm was for others. If you have a 32mm then it is the older 1le one and the same one that is standard on 98-02 SS/ws6/firehawk cars. If you have the 35mm then you have the 1le bar from the 98-02 years.

If you're rocking the 32mm, just keep your 19mm on the rear. If you put a 35mm on then you need to get a 21mm or 22mm to match it in the rear to keep the car balanced. Your lcas will not make that great of a difference. They will feel more sturdy than your stock ones did, but you will not feel like wow every time you get in your car as if you did certain other things. I suggest you get relocation brackets too and just install them at the same time. The brackets will def make a difference in traction. Wheel hop will show up way less. I haven't done it yet, but a torque arm is def an awesome traction piece.
I have the older 32mm bar up front, the main reason I jumped on the lca's is because they fit my budget and the bushings in my stock lca's are about shot so it made since to replace them now anyways.

I dream of Strano springs and Koni's but unfortunately my driveway wont allow me to lower my car at all. So until then a new TA and SFC are next on the list.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they are necessary for t-top and verts... not so much hardtop. every little bit helps though.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28_theantirice
I have the older 32mm bar up front, the main reason I jumped on the lca's is because they fit my budget and the bushings in my stock lca's are about shot so it made since to replace them now anyways.

I dream of Strano springs and Koni's but unfortunately my driveway wont allow me to lower my car at all. So until then a new TA and SFC are next on the list.
hit my fquick link so you can see what I've done. I am lacking stranos, konis, and an adjustable tq arm, but I've made amazing progress with what I have and it is bigger than a night and day difference. If I were you I'd look into everything but the stranos since lowering will be a problem.

without the stuff I do not have, my car still feels like a go-cart on the highway and in any curves generally. Handling is way better so far. I do plan on stranos and shocks, and a tqarm down the road.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm starting to think SFC's are a good investment:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwester...-get-sfcs.html