Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Performance--Proven results

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have to prove anything to me Sam, I'm very satisfied with your customer service and expertise Bought my Bilstein HD's from you last November and eventually after I upgrade other engine parts and when I get the money I will be getting a pair of your hollow front and rear sway bars. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Keep up the great work!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread needs a NSFW tag.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mitchntx
No service for wiggers tag?
Old 08-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28 bacon evader
no service for wiggers tag?
lmao!!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sam is excellent. In a day and age where you cannot get a person on the phone and you caught in a labyrinth of call transfers and endless automated answering systems - it is great to have Sam; a business owner, who answers the phones - provides customer service - and ships the parts. If James Brown were alive, I think he would say "Sam is the the hardest working man in the auto business".

You don't just "buy parts" from Sam - you pay for top notch service, road tested/competition proven performance parts and a wealth of knowledge. Thank you Sam, I will be calling soon for more parts.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm a big supporter of Sam, but that still is funny
Old 08-22-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

mitchntx, you outrank me by two years and over 5200 posts - what does NSFW stand for? Sorry I am a bit dense - this is not jumping out at me? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by will01
mitchntx, you outrank me by two years and over 5200 posts - what does NSFW stand for? Sorry I am a bit dense - this is not jumping out at me? Thanks.
Not Safe For Work
Old 08-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

what happened to nws? lol
Old 08-23-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

why is this nsfw lol
Old 08-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Banned

Another Strano supporter here

I am transitioning my car from a drag-race suspension to a good handling street car, and will be keeping Strano in the front of my mind whenever I buy anything suspension related. If I had the funds, my car would be loaded with nothing but parts from Sam
Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strano is the man, I've got Strano Springs and Sways, Konis and UMI 3-Point SFCs and stock tires (). The car drives like it's on rails! Plus it's the perfect stance IMHO.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I can vouch for Sam as well. We have worked with Sam on many occasions on product designs and testing. We have witnessed Sam at the track multiple times testing his products as well as UMI's. Sam's 2007 Shelby was the test bed for UMI's S197 Mustang products and many of the first designed products are still being used on this winning car. Sam will not sell a product unless he has experienced it, used it and tested it.. this is what makes his advice so important and valuable to the consumer.

Best Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Im going Strano for sure in the near future.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Restricted User

He didnt help me! I called him and he was rude, i felt a attude etc, he got weird on me because i had already bought my suspension parts from Speed Inc. I told him i had credit with speed Inc and they help me with parts for years. No big deal i only wanted to buy a set of koni S/A shocks from him. But the answers and the way he talked to me was not called for, i wouldnt talk to my customers that way if i did i would be out of business, Like i said no big deal,

I did e-mail him a few times after our last phone call to give him another chance to do business, and buy the koni shocks from him, to give him some business, Because i am a LS1-Tech supporter, and bought 95% of my LS1 F-body parts from ls1 tech sponcers, TSP, Speed inc, Thunder racing, SLP, EPP, spec. So i like to keep the business here.

Call me a bad person IDK but i didnt know it was going to be like that, because i bought some suspension parts from another sponcer that i am a A-hole and deserve to be talked to like a POS,

Maybe he just didnt like me.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
He didnt help me! I called him and he was rude, i felt a attude etc, he got weird on me because i had already bought my suspension parts from Speed Inc. I told him i had credit with speed Inc and they help me with parts for years. No big deal i only wanted to buy a set of koni S/A shocks from him. But the answers and the way he talked to me was not called for, i wouldnt talk to my customers that way if i did i would be out of business, Like i said no big deal,

I did e-mail him a few times after our last phone call to give him another chance to do business, and buy the koni shocks from him, to give him some business, Because i am a LS1-Tech supporter, and bought 95% of my LS1 F-body parts from ls1 tech sponcers, TSP, Speed inc, Thunder racing, SLP, EPP, spec. So i like to keep the business here.

Call me a bad person IDK but i didnt know it was going to be like that, because i bought some suspension parts from another sponcer that i am a A-hole and deserve to be talked to like a POS,

Maybe he just didnt like me.
Sounds like you didn't have a clue what you wanted so how can he help you? Figure out what you want out of the car and communicate that and he is a great guy. You did say you bought your parts from someone else so what do you want? You wanted Koni shocks...so if that was the case then say I have these parts, what do you think of Konis with them. If you already knew you wanted Konis then order them. Seriously, this is not that difficult. If you have no clue what you want or expect him to setup your entire suspension when you bought everything from someone else what were you thinking?

If you want someone to kiss your *** as a customer, call someone else and they will tell you exactly what you want to hear rather than what may be best for your vehicle and application.

Everytime someone posts feedback like you have given this is always the case.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I won't help Lawnboy. By his own admission he called me "5 or 6 times", and each time I talked to him. Meanwhile he never bought a thing from me. Of course he mentioned his nice new UMI K-member that he just put in and wanted to know why his car was sitting up higher. He wanted to know what shocks to run, and why. And even despite his past tire-kicking I tried to help.

In the end, when I hung up the last time I told him "I don't think I can help" and that he should call the other vendors he likes better. Of course I've gotten 3 or 4 e-mails from him since--and now this one. Seems he wants the advice, which I have given in the past, more than once, for free. No more.

Ironically enough the last time I went around with Lawnboy who's name is Walter Furman (sp?). I found out he does lawns for folks. Like Chem-lawn type things. I asked him how he felt when certain folks wanted advice but never even gave him a shot at the job. He admitted he didn't like it, but I guess somehow I should be different. I don't believe the customer is always right, even if I did--they'd have to BE A CUSTOMER for me to want to help them. And make no mistake, he had plenty of chances, and I was simply out of patience.

So that's the story on Lawnboy from my side. You can decide.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

+1 for Sam ... when I bought my suspension setup, he was the first and last person I spoke to. Went with the Koni 4/4 setup and his sway bar kit. I did go with coil overs instead of his springs though 'cos I've always wanted them; it was more of a novelty issue with me ... lol ... awesome guy to work with and takes his time to talk you through the setup
Old 08-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Restricted User

I disagree , I been in business for 20 years now, And i am the owner, Like i said if i gave my customers the attude and was rude to them like Sam was to me, I wouldnt have one customer. And to answer Sam i am not a big Chem Lawn Co , i am a smaller Land scape designer/lawn maintence guy. And Yes i do have custoners that i only cut and weed, while they have someone else doing there sprinkler repair/chemicals etc. I have a lot of that, do i like more business , Sure! but i treat them the same i dont treat one like crap or play games with them because someone else is doing something i can do, i am happy to have there business either way.
Sam was frustrated that i bought parts from Speed Inc, I was going to through some business his way and buy shocks/springs etc, but he dont like that i bought my K-member from speed inc, OK well thats to bad # 1 i had left over credit with them # 2 Speed inc was running a realy good sale on the UMI parts.

As for my past as sam would say it "Tire Kicking" I talk to him on the phone once last fall, once this past spring and once 2 weeks ago thats 3 times not 6 , i research my parts and dont rush to buy , when i called him the first two times it was to ask him about a street car suspension set up , this last time was ask him about the lower perch setting on the konis and to purchase the koni shocks from him, he told me no one in the country has the konies till oct, but he has the rears now, and that i should go with the D/A in the rear, Ok when i asked him if they will work ok with a stock rear for now and if i upgrade to a 12 bolt later will they handle the heaver rear, he got all frustrated and i noticed the resistance in his voice , i was like Sam am i barthing you am i doing something wrong? he said no , i said if i am sorry and just forget it . i said Sam if i act this way to my customers that call me , i wouldnt have any customers, and this is 100% true , i have a lot of competition in my work field ,

So sam said walter i am not doing this "Buy from speed Inc" and hung up the phone.

IMOP hes a Frustrated baby & a bad business man,

I didnt like the rudness, disrespectful adittude , and i even e-mailed him to give him another chance to squsch this

any one else that deals with him Do not tell him that you bought parts from eles where.

I never was treated this way from Fraser at speed inc, Bob at EPP, Carmen -dennis from the Vett doctors, Scott Merkel at Merkel racing , Geff & Shane from Thunder racing, Shannon from Procharger , Joey from SLP, Ghard from Bell intercoolers. Lee from ASP, and of course Lonnie. All Great guys. and i dont think one would say a bad word about me.

This adittude was new to me and i was a little upset & disapointed .

Water under the bridge, calling Speed Inc

Last edited by Lawnboy; 08-25-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I explained about the heavier rear, you didn't stop to listen to what I was telling you.

Water very under the bridge. You don't much like me, and I hate wasting my time--and wasted lots at various times. In fact you had at least one occassion hung up on me when I was trying to explain things to you and I tried repeatedly to call you back. So I'm sorry if I just ran out of patience. The nice thing about being self-employed is I don't have to put up with a bunch of bull, and make no mistake---there was plenty here. So I hope you are happy with your purchases, and appreciate you wanted my advice. But it turned into the little boy who cried wolf and I got to the end of my rope, I have to attend to customers who actually allow me to pay my bills.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Strano Performance--Proven results