Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Non-Adjstable Torque Arm on lowered car make vibration ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Non-Adjstable Torque Arm on lowered car make vibration ?

Hello,

I have UMI Non-Adjustable torque arm with relocation kit.. It was on the car before installing eibach pro-kit 1.2 " ..

now pro-kit is on .. there is some vibration on the rear end .. I though it was the drive shaft .. I took the driveshaft to workshop to test it and the workshop spacilist says that it need to be replaced ..

I take BMR aluminum Driveshaft and it is on the way to here ..

but my question is .. will non-adjustable torque arms on lowered cars make some vibration at the rear end ?

Note : the car launch perfectly ..
Old 08-28-2009, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cold Zero
Hello,

I have UMI Non-Adjustable torque arm with relocation kit.. It was on the car before installing eibach pro-kit 1.2 " ..

now pro-kit is on .. there is some vibration on the rear end .. I though it was the drive shaft .. I took the driveshaft to workshop to test it and the workshop spacilist says that it need to be replaced ..

but my question is .. will non-adjustable torque arms on lowered cars make some vibration at the rear end ?

Hello
Seeing how you had the drive shaft checked and it was bad! I would wait to see how the ride as far as vibration wise when you install the new one. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-28-2009, 07:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold Zero
Hello,

Since you have lowered the car chances are your pinion angle is off a little. Having a non adjustable torque makes it hard to adjust the pinion angle but since you have the torque arm relocation kit you can use that to get the angle close. Its not the correct way to do it but it usually will get it pretty close. Let me know how our drive shaft works out for you.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, like Dennis mentioned you can change the torque arm height on the relocation kit. Since the torque arm is non-adjustable installing it in different holes in the relocation kit will change pinion angle. Which holes are the torque arm installed in now?

Quick Reply: Non-Adjstable Torque Arm on lowered car make vibration ?