Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) will work on my 01?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) will work on my 01?

I have a 2001 SS and the EBCM has gone bad. I am looking to buy a used one and need to know if they were all the same from 98-02 or if they changed somewhere in there and which one will work on my car.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

A 99-02 EBCM will work for your car, if your car has traction control, make sure you get a EBCM from a traction control equipped camaro/firebird. The dealership also mentioned to me that a LS1 equipped traction control vehicle requires a different part number that a V-6 traction control car. Keep this in mind.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posters comments sounds about right.

You may want to post in the for sale section. Many people have switched over to our ABS delete kits, so you may be able to find one at a reasonable price. Only problem may be that the people won’t be able to guarantee if it works or not...one of the reasons why they removed ABS.

If you're 100% positive it’s the EBCM, maybe you'll find someone willing to sell it contingent of it working and you just pay shipping charges to/from if you need to send it back. Only way for a guarantee of one working would be purchasing one new…which costs exceeds a few hundreds.

Good luck!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to get it rebuilt i know of a place that does just that and gives a 5 year warrantee on it. Pm me and ill send you the website. I got one for my Cadillac Catera rebuilt, i have not installed it yet as im still working to get the engine/transmission back in the car.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
If you want to get it rebuilt i know of a place that does just that and gives a 5 year warrantee on it. Pm me and ill send you the website. I got one for my Cadillac Catera rebuilt, i have not installed it yet as im still working to get the engine/transmission back in the car.
About how much is it to get it rebuilt?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

off their site its 160 bucks for a camaro. But the T/As use the same module. I think you hafta pay shipping both ways but its not that bad. Oh i just looked it up and its 12 bucks for shipping, i think its for them to ship it back. So not that bad

Quick Reply: What Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) will work on my 01?