Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Few questions, relo, shock torque & koni set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions, relo, shock torque & koni set up

Hi,

Anyone know the correct torque spec for the upper nuts on the rear koni shock? Same as stock I assume, as there's the same rubber buffer type of set up, 156 in-lbs?
There's a comic book drawing showing not to over tighten them, but no specs.

I also measured my rear lca for level today (set in the top hole with relo brackets) and they are almost level, only 1/4" down to axle.
They must have been 1 3/4 outta level down to the body side before (!?), with only the hose mod. That's not normal, is it?

And yea, my axle is well out of center of the arch with the bolt on relo brackets. , but I'm pleased at least the LCA are near level now.

Can't wait to get the fronts shocks on

Whilst I'm on the subject, what setting (firm/soft) do you guys recommend for them? I'm sure I'll have a play, but I'd like to start with a good baseline.

Many thanks for the help.......

Last edited by taws6; 09-16-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by taws6
Hi,

Anyone know the correct torque spec for the upper nuts on the rear koni shock? Same as stock I assume, as there's the same rubber buffer type of set up, 156 in-lbs?
There's a comic book drawing showing not to over tighten them, but no specs.

I also measured my rear lca for level today (set in the top hole with relo brackets) and they are almost level, only 1/4" down to axle.
They must have been 1 3/4 outta level down to the body side before (!?), with only the hose mod. That's not normal, is it?

And yea, my axle is well out of center of the arch with the bolt on relo brackets. , but I'm pleased at least the LCA are near level now.

Can't wait to get the fronts shocks on

Whilst I'm on the subject, what setting (firm/soft) do you guys recommend for them? I'm sure I'll have a play, but I'd like to start with a good baseline.

Many thanks for the help.......
Setting will depend on what springs you are using.

No torque spec on the rear, tighten just like the drawing shows where the rubber starts to bulge in the middle to about even w/ the outter washer. Don't over-tigten and make sure you put the jam nut on top.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the help JamRWS6.

I'm keeping the stock springs, I don't think lowering with these roads is a great idea....

Quick Reply: Few questions, relo, shock torque & koni set up