Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs & Towing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Strano Springs & Towing...

So after my u joint blew up last week. Tow truck guy asked me if it was lowered... i said no. that got me thinking, if i install strano springs on my car with my koni 4/4s... will I not be able to get towed if something like this happens again?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, provided it's a flatbed towing vehicle (IMHO which should be the only one to use with towing any car like these).

At one point I was lowered ~1.5" on my LG G2 coil-overs and since the tow truck operator noticed that I was lowered, he decided to use a stack of 2x4 pieces of wood in the form of a ramp to carefully guide the vehicle up the platform ramp of the tow-truck. As he did so, he carefully made intervals of moving the car gradually up the ramp, adjusting the platform, and repeating until the car was completely on the platform where he could secure it.

Some other tow truck drivers actually have ramps similar to rhino ramps, but actually have much more acute angles where even most "exotics" that are extremely low will have little or no bottoming out.

Just my .02
Old 09-25-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i was towed on a flatbed. thats cool it just crossed my mind and got me worried. haha

Quick Reply: Strano Springs & Towing...