Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension changes for better 60ft. shocks,springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension changes for better 60ft. shocks,springs?

98 z28
the best i have gotten with my car on 60ft times have been 1.81 with adjustable lower control arms, control arm relocation brackets (set at the lowest level), springs are chopped so it has about a inch drop. car is auto so i have no problem on launching i used drags and hook nicely.
performance mods just bbk intake 85mm tb, shorty headers. o and stock 273s!
i was wondering what would help me improve the most rear sway bar, shocks, or buy some performance springs

would any of that make a difference with 60ft times?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello, since you already have the lower control arms and the relocation brackets what about your torque arm? If its stock changing it will help your car be more consistant. Shocks will be the best mod that you can do. We have a very good price on Stange and QA1 both. Give me a call here at the office and we can go over your setup.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 09-30-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -98-Z28-Darkness-
98 z28
the best i have gotten with my car on 60ft times have been 1.81 with adjustable lower control arms, control arm relocation brackets (set at the lowest level), springs are chopped so it has about a inch drop. car is auto so i have no problem on launching i used drags and hook nicely.
performance mods just bbk intake 85mm tb, shorty headers. o and stock 273s!
i was wondering what would help me improve the most rear sway bar, shocks, or buy some performance springs

would any of that make a difference with 60ft times?
Hello
Like Dennis mentioned above any time you go with a adjustable torque arm. It will give you a better fine tuning capability for the rear end in both pinion angle and instant center (depending on the arm or relocation cross member) But seeing how the springs are chopped! It sounds like you have a weight transferring issue I would suggest going with a stock rear spring and a adjustable rear shock. And then go with a coil over set up with a 300lbs spring rate for the street and strip. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...hpsmi82uqmur64

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...hpsmi82uqmur64

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks guys so i guess sway bars wont help. i will start by getting rear shocks and springs all around when i get some cash.