Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

adjusting & centering the rear after 315s

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool adjusting & centering the rear after 315s

i just installed 315 tires under my can and realized that i my rear is way off when looking at it from behind. i have springs, adj torque arm bar and control arms. i do have adjustable pan hand bar also but how do i measure it perfectly to get it to line up straight??? searched everywhere and didnt find anything. not sure the name brand of the bar but is is dual adjustable. i mean this rear is like 2 inchs off by the looks of it. thanks in advance guys
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First Just "sight" the tires position vs. the body to get it close. Then if the tires are inboard of the fenders tape a string with a plumb bob to the fender at the top of the wheel opening and measure from the string to the center of the axle. Do that on both sides. When the numbers are equal then the axle is centered.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Disconnect the shocks and drop the rear and then remove the springs. then you jack it up onto the bump stops and measure the tire clearance to the fender lip, it's the only way you will be able to center it correctly and not have anything rubbing when you hit a bad bump.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

How would you go about centering the rear end with a watts linkage? I noticed last time I had my alignment done that the distance from the front axle to the rear axle on both sides were a little off of each other, i think by almost half an inch.

Am I correct when I say that the adjustment I need to center the rear end front to back is in the adjustable LCA's and the adjustment I need to center it side to side is in the watts linkage?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XxWICKEDSSxX
How would you go about centering the rear end with a watts linkage? I noticed last time I had my alignment done that the distance from the front axle to the rear axle on both sides were a little off of each other, i think by almost half an inch.

Am I correct when I say that the adjustment I need to center the rear end front to back is in the adjustable LCA's and the adjustment I need to center it side to side is in the watts linkage?
You are correct

Quick Reply: adjusting & centering the rear after 315s