Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Everyone with DMS springs come in here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a set from Jegs, the Granatelli springs, but got enough info to see the DMS/GMS correlation. Thanks guys.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered a set from Jegs, the Granatelli springs, but got enough info to see the DMS/GMS correlation. Thanks guys.
how much were they from jegs?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

$180 or $190 I think.

For those with these springs can you please measure on a flat, level surface from the ground to the highest point of the middle of the wheel well arch please? Currently I'm at 26.5" front 26.75" rear and hope to come down about 1/4" all around with the DMS/GMS springs and with the rear isolator removed.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isolators are still in.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have had mine for about 5 years with bilstein shocks and no problems, really. they don't make much noise except an occasional squeak. i don't have the rear isolator and never did, it makes it more even without the isolator. also you can get a lot of castor out of these springs with the rear isolator out, which makes your car feel like it's going 35mph at 100mph because the steering response is so gentle. overall it can be a stiff ride on stiff surfaces or roads that have a lot of contour, but i also have subframe connectors which aid in that stubborn chassis feeling as well. i live in the city and i think some of the worst roads are in the city so my scenario might be more extreme than what you would experience.

yeah they are low. you will hit some stuff, scrape on some stuff, and if you hit a curb or a big pothole your tires are shot. it's part of the tradeoff of having low springs that are progressive. but it does ride very well and it looks pretty awesome. of all the things i've hit/scraped, the only real damage is some scuffed up metallic parts under my car, but nothing too intense.

i think at one time DMS was an independent company and Granetteli did not make their springs. perhaps since then Granetteli has purchased them, i'm not sure. i feel pretty confident that my springs were actually made by DMS, and the pictures of mine are pretty different from some of the others.

also, to note, i have a lot of weight in the rear of my car with stereo equipment, so that might be another reason mine sit so low.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm really glad to hear that the DMS springs (or something very very similar if they're not the real thing) are still available. I had them on my '99 Z28 with SLP Bilsteins and LOVED the ride. I think I'm gonna have to switch back to that setup before too long. Heres that car with the rear isolators removed, and a 10" sub and small box/amp, and some dynomat in the back weighing it down a tad.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:26 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

DMS with hose mod
Attached Thumbnails Everyone with DMS springs come in here.-camaroreartrain.jpg  
Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

I'm going to take my DMS springs (shown above) off and replace them with something to make the ride a little more cushy. They are the original DMS type (if they are different now?), very low mileage because my car doesn't get out of the garage much in the last 5 years.
anybody interested in the DMS's when they come off?

Quick Reply: Everyone with DMS springs come in here.