Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Coming Soon!- New Sphercial Bushing available from UMI Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97pontta
How will a lower control arm setup with spherical joints compare to a poly unit in ride and road noise? I would imagine they are tamer than a full rod end setup. I really like the idea of the articulation but my car is a street car.
Originally Posted by 97pontta
I would really like to run a lower control arm like this but don't want the harsh ride of the rod end LCA's. I'm curious if the ride is simular to a poly LCA or in between the poly and rod as far as noise and ride.
These bushings are very street friendly, this is what they are designed for. For these applications I would recommend the polyurethane bushings on one end and new Roto-Joint's on the other end, these are excellent on the street. This type of set-up retails for $179.99 a set and I will have pictures this week

Originally Posted by ShortChevy
Hurry up and get them done would'ya.
We actually have most items in stock, just processing pictures now. Do you know what you are looking for.. I can sell them now if you want
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pssst ... Lower A-Arms ...
Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but are there any future plans for a WATTS link?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
These bushings are very street friendly, this is what they are designed for. For these applications I would recommend the polyurethane bushings on one end and new Roto-Joint's on the other end, these are excellent on the street. This type of set-up retails for $179.99 a set and I will have pictures this week

We actually have most items in stock, just processing pictures now. Do you know what you are looking for.. I can sell them now if you want
i am looking for the replacements for my front lower a-arms. lol

ryan PM me. details.
thanks
d
Old 10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6

ryan PM me. details.
thanks
d
Should have the A-Arm ones done shortly.. I will keep you posted
Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Here are a few more pictures. Just about all the products are completed... we are just processing pictures, building ad's and pricing. We will have these up the end of next week.

These item below will be installed in our adjustable components. It will also replace 3/4"-16 rod ends if needed in previous items and other brand items. We will be offering all our adjustable items with these new ends.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Here are a few more pictures. Just about all the products are completed... we are just processing pictures, building ad's and pricing. We will have these up the end of next week.

These item below will be installed in our adjustable components. It will also replace 3/4"-16 rod ends if needed in previous items and other brand items. We will be offering all our adjustable items with these new ends.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo.../0011a_LRG.jpg

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...0011ab_LRG.jpg
so these rod-ends will or will not fit in our previously-purchased single adjustable LCA's here?

if they will fit those LCA's, how much are these replacement rod ends gonna be?

if they will not fit, are there going to be separate pieces in the future that will fit these older LCA's?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:16 AM
TECH Junkie

ryan PM me. details.
thanks
d
Should have the A-Arm ones done shortly.. I will keep you posted
Mitchntx, I guess you weren't speaking loudly.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
This is the internet ... not real life.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

Ryan, two things.

1st.
can you pm me a price on the replace meant of my rod ends on my lower arms. so i can send a check with the rod ends. back to to.

2nd.
will those welded studs hold up? only reason i ask is i know like qa1 and the other rod end companies have those studs cast on then machined down. so does Spohn in his delfi style. i just dont want my arms to come lose cuase the stud broke off the round tube you have it wleded too.

thanks
d
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
so these rod-ends will or will not fit in our previously-purchased single adjustable LCA's here?

if they will fit those LCA's, how much are these replacement rod ends gonna be?
Yes the adjustable ends will replace rod ends. Sorry for the confusion, what I was saying is you can't replace non-adjustable poly ends with these new ends.

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
The ends will be available in our aftermarket A-Arms. The factory A-Arm I mentioned I would look out.. however the factory items use different hole sizes so installing these items in there isn't that easy. The factory arms will most likely require an entire different size. I will take a look when I get a chance.

Ryan, two things.

1st.
can you pm me a price on the replace meant of my rod ends on my lower arms. so i can send a check with the rod ends. back to to.

2nd.
will those welded studs hold up? only reason i ask is i know like qa1 and the other rod end companies have those studs cast on then machined down. so does Spohn in his delfi style. i just dont want my arms to come lose cuase the stud broke off the round tube you have it wleded too.

thanks
d
Devin,

Yes the welded end will be just fine. It is built from 4140 steel and TIG welded. Castings are nice however these companies using castings are not making there castings in-house, heck they could be built over sea's but I can't confirm that. UMI likes to manufacture all items in our facility and a fabricated end is our specialty. We have no doubt in it.

Price for a threaded end will be $45 each.. I will get more information shortly

Thanks everyone!
Ryan
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned

^^ thank you. i called and talked to terry( maybe jerry) about htem. they sound great. i for sure will be changing them out.

you guy( terry or jerry) said that the arm pieces wont be done for a month. can you comfirm this? if so that is fine. i can wait for a great looking piece.

thanks
d
Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Yes the adjustable ends will replace rod ends. Sorry for the confusion, what I was saying is you can't replace non-adjustable poly ends with these new ends.

.....snip.....

Price for a threaded end will be $45 each.. I will get more information shortly
ok, so a couple more questions.....

1) when will we be able to place an order for just the new rod-ends on the website?

2) if we purchased the new mounting hardware with our previous UMI LCA's, will that same hardware still work, or do we need to go back to the stock-sized bolts? i know there was an issue where the stock bolts with your LCA's would sometimes allow enough slop to cause it to rattle/clank around back there, and i want to make sure to use the right size mounting hardware.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

1) when will we be able to place an order for just the new rod-ends on the website?
Hello, we will have them on there next week. We just got back from the SEMA show so we are behind this week... but everything is ready and most items are in stock. I will post when they are available.

2) if we purchased the new mounting hardware with our previous UMI LCA's, will that same hardware still work, or do we need to go back to the stock-sized bolts? i know there was an issue where the stock bolts with your LCA's would sometimes allow enough slop to cause it to rattle/clank around back there, and i want to make sure to use the right size mounting hardware.
This is incorrect. We have only ever supplied 12mm (.472) grade 10.9 bolts with our control arms which is the same size and grade as a factory bolt. The holes in our control arms for the bolts are 1/2" (.500). This is only a .030" difference which equals .015" on each side. This is the same size you will find from our competitors as well. This small amount is not enough to cause clunks or rattles... a clunk or rattle would need to be coming from a different area. So any previous purchased bolts can be used with these.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 11-06-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow - good looking piece of work! It makes me wish I had waited prior to my purchase.

(But isn't that always how it goes? You buy, then the "New and Improved" version comes along.)

Again, nice work! (Covet, covet, covet.)

Old 11-14-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like this is a big sale weekend. I would like to get a LCA with a polyurethane bushings on one end and new Roto-Joint's on the other end. with 15 % off and free shipping? Chrome-Moly please?
Old 11-14-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxxtron
If perhaps any future plans arise, I think it would be helpful to those like mitchntx, MLS, and others as well as myself who could use a serviceable front "caster" spherical bearing in the stock lower control arm.

Just my .02 cents.
I agree with this as well! The factory rubber castor bushings wear too quickly and poly creates too much bind, and also wears even quicker which causes a lot of play. One of these for the castor bushing replacement would sell like hotcakes in the autox/RR community!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like this is a big sale weekend. I would like to get a LCA with a polyurethane bushings on one end and new Roto-Joint's on the other end. with 15 % off and free shipping? Chrome-Moly please?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Banned

Ryan. the arm ones out yet
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
FormerVendor

Pictures and prices are being processed now. These items will be released before Thanksgiving.. so keep a watch out.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon!- New Sphercial Bushing available from UMI Performance