Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Track and Strip

Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track and Strip

Im learning more about suspension but still new. so what is a good setup to run on my 01 z28 for the track and to still be able to hang a corner on a windy road.

If i have to adjust something myself i dont mind as long as it is a quick adjustment
Old 10-30-2009, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

definitely adjustable shocks...i dont know wat kind as i dont drag.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
When it comes to handling and having a drag racing set up! It is really hard to have one spring and shock combo to handle both styles of racing. The one suggestion that I would have for you and will also give you a wide variety of adjustments. Is a set of Double adjustable coil overs. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...c9pn6kc6t8t9q1

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...c9pn6kc6t8t9q1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Can i still run the stock springs with these shocks or do i need to get some aftermarket springs.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dwfronk
Can i still run the stock springs with these shocks or do i need to get some aftermarket springs.
We recommend using stock springs in the rear however for the front we do recommend buying the from QA1 springs. The stock springs will only work with a perch made for the QA1 shock.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dwfronk
Im learning more about suspension but still new. so what is a good setup to run on my 01 z28 for the track and to still be able to hang a corner on a windy road.

If i have to adjust something myself i dont mind as long as it is a quick adjustment
You may want to search around for this. Unfortunately most things you do to these cars for a better launch really kill their handling. If you are at all interested in handling I would stay away from drag shocks like QA1, Afco, Strange, etc. etc. they will leave you with nervous, disconnected handling and a jarring sloppy ride.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

You need to decide on what you priority is. We can make a car that turns hook pretty well, but it's hard to make a drag car turn because of the things dedicated to making a car hook in a straight line with no regard to anything else.

Here's what I'd do: Make the car handle the way you want. There are many things that can enhance the hook without sacrificing how the car rides and drives too much. We could put LCA relocation brackets on, run them in a down position when dragging, but up when not. You could run a set of my hollow swaybars, and disconnect (not remove) the front when dragging and know that aren't dragging around a lot of extra weight, and hook it back up when you are done. You could run Koni shocks, and turn the front rebound down when drag racing, and back up for the control you want/need on the road.

Not that these are killer numbers, but I've got a lot of customers in the 1.5-1.6 60' range in cars with full handling suspensions without disconnecting front bars, turning shocks down and all the other things you *could* do.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread