Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

koni shocks...simple question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default koni shocks...simple question

do the rear shocks for the 4th gen usually come with an adjustment ****?

mine didn't.

they have the little thing you turn, but no "****" to actually stick on there to turn with.

i suppose pliars would work.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes mine came with a ****, and I would think pliers would work.
BTW turn Clockwise for Soft, Counter Clockwise to Firm.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

well damnit....no ****

may have to fab something up...grrr
Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

For the record, I didn't sell this set of Koni shocks. I answered all of teke184's questions, and lost the sale over a few bucks despite my time and efforts to help. So it's fitting that this **** is missing, proof that you do get what you pay for. And this is why I have to be more careful on the information I do give out, and why I will not give out shock setting information publicly, or until the customer has the shocks in hand.

All I can say is the **** is part of the rear shock kit. If you are missing it, I wonder why it's gone.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

anticipated this....

all i can say is $175 is NOT "a few bucks"!!!

i had to get a 2nd job to afford shocks/springs to begin with....and stretched myself even thinner by going with the Koni over AGX....due to Sam's and many other's reccomendations.

i'm sorry i wasted so much of you time

as i said in a PM to you sam.....it was more than i could pass up.

AND i won't hesitate to reccomend you to anyone. i was EXTREMELY pleased with my ATE brake rotor purchase from you.

had it been $50 i would have gone with you...but at 3x that...i'm not an idiot...nor a rich man.

as for the ****...meh...not a big deal. heck...i haven't even called the company i bought them from about it yet. on the list of things to do.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

why would anyone go somewhere else when you have the best service, knowledge, and info from a proven expert right here?????????????
go to whoever you want, but if you drilled somebody for info then went somwhere else with your money you got exactly what you deserved!
If everybody cheaped out over a few bucks Sam wouldn't be able to stay in business, then where would we be without him?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

FYI, i DID buy my konis from ham strano, and mine did NOT come with an adjustment **** either. i called koni direct and had a new ****, PLUS a missing nut kit, within 2 days.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah...that's what i figured i'd do.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

And we got you a new **** ASAP. Part of a good working relationship with Koni North America. I'm sure he could call Koni as well and try. I couldn't touch $175 less, and frankly shouldn't have too. But you never even let me know to see what I could do.

Yes, I'm a little upset becasue I feel pretty used, which seem to me happening a lot lately. More over my pricing isn't out of line if you look at other major players, and I'm not in nearly as good a buying position being a small company vs. huge ones like Summit Racing, Tire Rack, Shox.com, etc. My pricing is right there with, or even a little better than those guys (and I've got free shipping as well). I don't sell old stock that has been left over, which is one way folks sell things cheap.

Fine, $175 difference. I don't know how someone did that with new shocks, that haven't been sitting around without cutting their own throat. But whatever. Doesn't change the following facts:

1. I was very open and answered your questions, which I'm guessing others did not or could not do.

2. I was not even given a chance. You said "I'll be back" and next thing I know is you posting up got shocks. This is the Wal-Mart mentality and with it come Wal-Mart knowledge. A little consideration would have been nice considering the time and money I invest advertising on this site, and talking with folks--let alone the costs involved in my learning the information that allows me to answer these questions.

3. My pricing is not at all out of line with any other major player (and I invite you to go look for yourselves), and in fact in the end is often better as delivered.

4. teke184: Remember when your ATE rotor order was mis-delivered by FedEx? They screwed that up, not me, and I spend hours tracking them down. I could have just said it was an issue between you and FedEx--but I didn't and got involved. That is customer service, and yes--I'm a more than a little upset that in this country that doesn't seem to matter anymore, and then people bitch when folks don't want to bend over backward to help them or give their work knowledge away for free. I'm guessing you don't work for free, right? Should your boss can you when he finds someone else to do your job for less money, even if they can't do it as well?

PS, Koni's number is 800-922-2616.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

yes i do remember what you did for my with the rotors.

yes i do appreciate customer service

where i got these shocks i actually got very good customer service on a billing issue.

i guess i didn't think to ask if you could come down on your price because you already mentioned that was basically as low as you could go. and honestly...i would have felt like i was insulting you.

as for:
"Should your boss can you when he finds someone else to do your job for less money, even if they can't do it as well?"

i get fucked over every year at my job. every time they hire someone new...straight out of college or with extremely little experience in my field...they hire them for $.50 or $.25 less an hour than i make.
and i've been running just about every aspect of my department for 7yrs. hell i train them and then they get promoted over me because they have a higher degree then i do...when they still can't do 1/2 the things i know how to do.

so yeah...i get fucked all the time.

/rant and unrelated babble