Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question on ABS and ASR warning lights, but different scenario

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on ABS and ASR warning lights, but different scenario

Hey,
I'm doing an LS1, 4L60E ,Torsen 4chan, dash, console, and all harnesses swap from a 2001 Z28 into my 3rd gen Camaro. This will be basically an 01 in an 88 body. I'm going to modify the harnesses to eliminate the ABS and ASR but I've read tons of posts here which say that the warning lights on the dash will stay on after doing this.
Is it possible to reprogram the PCM to not give the idiot lights? I will be doing a flash anyways due to a cam and other upgrades, I thought I read somewhere that the ABS can be burned out but not the ASR (due to being controleld by the BCM). Am I even close?
Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

can you just pull out the ABS and ASR bulbs from the dash?......It's just an idea
Old 11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Yeah I guess the bulbs or tape is an option but I don't know if the constant codes actually screw with the operation or will the PCM and BCM run like they should. I don't know if 'limp mode' is a possibility in these cars.

I don't think the PCM gets a retard signal from the ASR untill the ASR senses a requirement for it so I don't think a loss of power would occur in that case.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

Those devices or systems being deactivated would not affect any power. Obviously ABS being off will affect stopping in a hard brake situation, but the ASR being off will not affect anything except making your dash look like a christmas tree. Pulling the bulbs is the only option I've found yet. There is no way to program or jumper out the lights.