Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SS brake lines

Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS brake lines

I would like to replace my stock brake lines with SS brake lines. What is a good brand to go with? Also are they a direct replacement?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

I really like my Techna-fit lines, and in fact replaced Russells with Techna-fits on my car. We have direct-fit line sets for cars with or without traction control. Techna-fit lines are also meet all D.O.T. specification and have been tested to meet that standard.

And we ship them for free.....

For cars without Traction Control: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=194&ModelID=7

For cars with Traction Control (ASR/TCS): http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=194&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

This might sound like a stupid question but how do I find out if I have the traction control or not? If I'm not mistaken if you have it there is a switch on top on the ac/controls to turn it on and off.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cajunss
This might sound like a stupid question but how do I find out if I have the traction control or not? If I'm not mistaken if you have it there is a switch on top on the ac/controls to turn it on and off.
If you have tc, there will be a switch next to your fog light switch that says asr. Sam's lines are good, but anoter good option is Goodridge...I have those and love them.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info I will look into both.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The switch on Pontiacs is down by your knee in front of, and to the left of the shifter. On Camaro's it's next to the fog-light switch.

I can also do Goodridge, but I don't because frankly they just cost more @ $140 and $165/set, and don't have free shipping. But you want those, I can get them too (simply just think the Techna-fits are just as good for less money--they all meet the DOT certification.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-26-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

how hard is it to swap the lines out? I've never had to bleed brakes before.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I really like my Techna-fit lines, and in fact replaced Russells with Techna-fits on my car. We have direct-fit line sets for cars with or without traction control. Techna-fit lines are also meet all D.O.T. specification and have been tested to meet that standard.

And we ship them for free.....

For cars without Traction Control: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=194&ModelID=7

For cars with Traction Control (ASR/TCS): http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=194&ModelID=7
Just wondering why you removed your Russells. I have Russells and if there is something wrong with them I would like to know.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

any quality line will be about the same. its like comparing LCAs. if you get some no name ebay set, they might be a 'universal' length and not fit perfectly. if its a name brand, theyre all a direct fit. obviously youll need to do a thorough bleeding after youre done.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dom
Just wondering why you removed your Russells. I have Russells and if there is something wrong with them I would like to know.
Broke one... Not any fault of the line, due to an accident. Needed new ones, and found Tecnha-fit to work well, be readily available and meet DOT cert. too.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

I've had stellar warranty/customer support from Russel on SSbraided oil lines on a custom Harley. I don't know anything about Techna-fit, but the way Russel treated me in Daytona during Bike Week a few years ago was nothing short of outstanding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SS brake lines