Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Performance Spherical Roto-Joint Released w/ 20% Off!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ssjason232
has anyone tried these. I had rod ended phr and lca's before and i hated it. too loud for me. clunks drive me nuts(i know i shouldnt drive a camaro). What is the noise level (in terms of clunks and rattles)?
We have experienced no noise from this set-up. The Roto-Joint is a very tight tolerance item. With this set-up there is nothing that will rattle or clunk and we recommend them for street use.

Originally Posted by shiv15
Which would you recommend for a street car? Is the best choice to get double adjustable for both?
I recommend part # 2033 seen here- #2033

This offers a combination of Roto-Joints and Polyurethane bushings. The polyurethane bushings are softer than the delrin used in the Roto-Joint. The polyurethane is designed to absorb noise and harshness making an excellent street set-up.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you,
Ryan
Old 12-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
I have a set of lower control arms 3615 on my 91 caprice with a ls1 engine in. The rear left bushing is worn out, and I need some replacement bushings. Can I use bushings designed for stock control arms? or what bushings will fit this control arms?

Tor
Old 12-10-2009, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tor1965
Hi
I have a set of lower control arms 3615 on my 91 caprice with a ls1 engine in. The rear left bushing is worn out, and I need some replacement bushings. Can I use bushings designed for stock control arms? or what bushings will fit this control arms?

Tor
Hello Tor,

You have to use bushings from us since we use a custom size bushings. They are $2.50 each... send Brad an e-mail to brad@umiperformance.com and he can get you taken care of.

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered a poly one end and adjustable roto on the other at thanksgiving. Do you know when they might ship?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Thanks for your business with UMI Performance! Sorry for any inconvenience and the delay with your order. We had a really great turn out for the sale with 75% being roto joint components. If you will PM me your Name and Shipping info I will be more than glad to look into your order. Once again sorry for any inconvenience. And thanks for your patience.
Brad
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem with the delay. I knew that there would be one. I will PM thanks
Old 12-14-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

So are the roto joints with the delrin bushings a much harsher ride overall? My car's a street driven car but I do like the idea of the roto joint+the ability to double adjust.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
So are the roto joints with the delrin bushings a much harsher ride overall? My car's a street driven car but I do like the idea of the roto joint+the ability to double adjust.
Can't be any worse than a rod end...FWIW, I don't know if I'd classify the ride as harsh with rod ends...you just feel more of the road and the suspension articulating correctly, if that makes sense. All of my complaints with rod ends were noise related...the performance was awesome.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Striker
Hello
They are not as harsh as a rod end and the quality of the ride is much better and will hold up as far as street driving as long as they are properly greased.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: UMI Performance Spherical Roto-Joint Released w/ 20% Off!