Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with Shocks

With all the Christmas specials going on I'm ready to buy some shocks...

I don't want to change my ride height. Are there any better progressive rate springs available without changing ride height?

I do not go to the track often, and when I do I'm not concerned with the difference in my 60' times from a drag shock setup that I will only use on the strip once a year.

Basically my TA is a weekend only car. I'd like a better street handleing car without lowering it.

Any suggestions? Everything I see is a drag shock (QA1's) or a lowering spring (pro-kit, g2's, etc..).

If LG has something that fits my needs I'd be very interested with their 25% Christmas special going on right now..

TIA!
Old 12-14-2003, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd just change the shocks if you don't want to change the ride height. Or use a ground control coil over kit and crank the ride height back up to stock (you could increase spring rate, but at an expense). I think you'll be suprised at the handling improvements from a decent set of shocks alone.

My thoughts.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Launching!

What shocks would your recommend?
I was thinking of getting Adjustable Koni's up front and maybe some Bilstein HD's in the rear..

What is the ground control kit?
Old 12-14-2003, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ground control kit is a threaded sleeve and spring perch that allows you to set your ride height by moving the spring perch up and down on the shock body.

I'd do koni's on both ends. I can tell you where to order 30-series, single adjustable Koni's for the rear for under $100 each. They are on par with the cost of a bilstien (a good shock, but not a koni). Drop me a pm for info. I have Koni DA's and love them, but for street use (and your wallet) the SA's work extremely well also.

They get my vote.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running kyb adjustable shocks on mine. Definately improved handling over stock, a nice product for the money, however if you can afford the Koni's i would go that route.

Quick Reply: Help with Shocks