Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Cheap springs for a lowered car, and suspension advice.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap springs for a lowered car, and suspension advice.

My business got shut down in the middle of my car build, I just starting making some money again(not much yet). Car is lowered on Eibach pro kit I believe, and mods in sig. I'm pretty sure my shocks are dead in a bad bad way.

What are some cheaper shocks I can get for a lowered car that wont be terrible? I would rather my car have a nice tight feel, and would sacrifice ride comfort for this(I don't want to bottom out anymore). As much as I would love to go koni's or one of those awesome routes, I can't. I have to buy my wheel/tire combo still. So what are some good bang for you buck for a lowered car shocks I can get?

Also, I have straight tubular subframe connectors, and thats about it for suspension, I'm guessing sway bars and LCA's would be some good cheap suspension upgrades?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

give kyb agx a try.

they are good for the money
Old 12-21-2009, 05:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

SLP Bilstein's are on sale (but not for much longer). They are cheaper than AGX's are due to the sale, but way better built.

http://stranoparts.com/partdetails.p...D=20&ModelID=7

I sell AGX's too.... but would only recommend them if they cost less (currently they do not) or if you were say doing a lot of drag racing where the adjustment they possess could help you. Street wise to fit what you state are you wants, the Bilstein's are the better choice IMHO.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Are those SLP the same thing that came on the SS models(performance wise)? Lowered cars kill shocks quickly if they are not the right ones for your height right?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

They are the level 1 shocks that came with the SLP Eibach's. The springs you have (and mine are) are shorter and stiffer which does work the shocks harder. It's more about rate than anything.

Lowered cars just demand more from shocks because of rate and the fact the damping has to be done in a lesser amount of travel (one reason slammed cars don't work as well).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!