Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Right Lower Control Arm Bad Already???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Lower Control Arm Bad Already???

Car is a 2000 SS M6 bought in november of '99 and has just reached the 15,500 mile mark. Put a moser 12 bolt in a little over a month ago and a two weeks before that a spec stage 3. The car has been babied for the last month and a half because i've been breaking in the clutch and the rear. I started hearing a "clunk-tink" noise from the rear right. There seems to be about a 1/4" of play at the connection from the rear end to the passenger side LCA. With the car up on jack stands you can literally pull the rear right tire towards the rear and the rear will pivot, not much obviously there's only a 1/4" of play, but enough to worry me. I was planning on replacing the LCA's in the future, but i guess i will now. I figure a bushing set is $35 and a set of LCA's are $110, i might as well replace them for $70 more. I appreciate any recommendation that anyone has. I have been looking at the BMR LCA's and i'm trying to decide if i should go with the tubular or boxed type, Poly/Poly bushings or Poly/Rubber. Which would be stronger and hold up to 5000+ rpm clutch dumps? The rest of the suspension is factory stock for now. Thanks very much in advance.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might help you make your decision ...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/117594-bmr-lca-s-poly-poly-poly-rubber.html
Old 12-18-2003, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link, i did a search and didn't find that one.