Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Panhard Bars?

Im finally starting to do some suspension mods to the car, fixing to order either BMR or Strano springs next monday. Then save up for some Koni 4/4 shocks after that but still trying to decide on what Panhard Bar to go with.

Ive seen a few that have different ends, polyurethane bushings or rod ends. Which do you guy's recommend to go with? I do plan on going with an "adjustable" panhard bar. Just curious as to which bar ends you guy's go with.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Poly/Rod or Poly/Poly = Street

Rod/Rod = Strip
Old 01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

For a street car with some handling characteristics we recommend a panhard bar with our new Roto-Joint on one end. The Roto-Joint rotates like a rod end but is quieter and lasts much longer. A rod end will also work as well.

Roto-Joint/Poly on car adjustable panhard

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 01-25-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just installed my UMI adj panhard bar this past week to recenter the rear (it hadn't been done since it was lowered). Very reasonably priced and install was easy. Btw, my phb is poly/poly since my ride isn't a canyon carver.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Im finally starting to do some suspension mods to the car, fixing to order either BMR or Strano springs next monday. Then save up for some Koni 4/4 shocks after that but still trying to decide on what Panhard Bar to go with.

Ive seen a few that have different ends, polyurethane bushings or rod ends. Which do you guy's recommend to go with? I do plan on going with an "adjustable" panhard bar. Just curious as to which bar ends you guy's go with.
Poly/Poly and I autocross it regularly. Handles rock solid. I do a fair amount of street driving so that's why I avoided the rod ends. As the sig says, I've got Strano's springs and Koni 4/4's too.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have UMI rod/rod
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squirts11
Just installed my UMI adj panhard bar this past week to recenter the rear (it hadn't been done since it was lowered). Very reasonably priced and install was easy. Btw, my phb is poly/poly since my ride isn't a canyon carver.
Thanks for suggesting UMI Performance!
Brad

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
I have UMI rod/rod
Thanks for the business.
Brad

Like mentioned above we offer a wide variety of pan hard bars that may meet your needs. Like Ryan mentioned above the poly bushing and roto joint on the vehicle is the ultimate set up for the street. Not only maintains the factory ride quality but if you need articulation its not as of a aggressive ride quality as a rod end. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Panhard Bars?