Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alternative to GC coilover sleeve kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Alternative to GC coilover sleeve kit?

I'm getting ready to put Koni SA's up front, but before I do I need to get a threaded coilover sleeve kit. The problem's that I don't need the springs or the rear adjustable ride height assembly that's part of the GC kit.
If someone knows where I can get just the front GC assembly, minus the springs or something very similiar to it PLEASE let me know, and PT#'s if possible.

And yes, I've already called GC to see if they would sell me just part of their kit, but that was a very clear NO. Also I believe Koni might have something that will work but I can't find any info to verify it. And I'm not wanting the GlobalWest kit, its' some what different then what I'm looking for, unless of course, I can get it really cheap!

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, consider your results from GC and GW a fortunate circumstance as GW's kits are overpriced and GC has **** poor customer service.

Frankly, there's really not much better one can get with regards to a functional slide over threaded adjustable spring perch. With that stated, another company around called "Truechoice Koni Racing Services" has quite a bit of hardware from Koni Racing that may fit the 8241 1139Sport shocks. They have a website (which I cannot post since they're not a site sponsor), so you may want to check it out.

The only other thing I could think of is to search through some online racing companies for something similar that fits.

As usual, measure two times or more and ask a vendor plenty of questions, and as a friendly reminder, modifications like these can cause warranty issues with Koni.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Day Motorsports (www.daymotorsports.com) has a wide variety of coil-over sleeves for varying shock diameters.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Coilover-Kits,2184.html
Old 02-06-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the info, but I already been to both of those websites.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just digging up an old thread. I have the same question here. I have bmr springs and Koni shocks. I see that koni has a threaded spring perch shown here. Just wondering if anyone knows if theese will work with what I have. I've emailed and called Koni with no response.
Attached Thumbnails Alternative to GC coilover sleeve kit?-redsleevsmall.jpg  

Quick Reply: Alternative to GC coilover sleeve kit?