Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI 15% off sale 2/15-2/21

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'm about having the right part, if you don't need it--it's not right. I hate spending (wasting) money for no reason and imagine you guys do too, so I try and make recommendations with that in mine and try and fix a specific, actually problem....

Adjustable arms won't do anything but allow you to square the axle up if it's a little cockeyed under the car.

But I do recommend moving away from poly/poly type LCA's to something like a poly/roto-joint or rod-end LCA as the all bushinged setups don't let the axle move in rotation freely which can cause more oversteer, more sudden oversteer, and less predictable rear stability on bumpy surfaces... and they ride better to for the same reasons the car is more stable. The axle can better follow the road without dragging the body all over with it.
Yeah, money is pretty tight right now as I'm a senior in highschool and I only get a couple hours a week during the Winter, so I don't want to spend money on something unless it is going to actually improve my car.

Thanks for the information Sam, you are definitely a person to go to for suspension help.

Quick Reply: UMI 15% off sale 2/15-2/21