Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear springs for moser height increase

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear springs for moser height increase

ill will be swapping my moser into the ta from my camaro soon and need to know if the hotchkis rear springs are the best choice to level the car out. ive read the moser adds 1" in height. ive also read that the hotchkis springs can drop more than an inch. i will be leaving in the spring spacers and adding hd bilsteins at the same time. i dont want to drop too low since im adding 315 tires in the back, and i want the car level or higher in back a little. i was thinkin about the bmr springs but read they are stiffer than the hotchkis and they drop lower than a inch also. i searched alot but all the threads dealt with all 4 springs. kev
Old 12-27-2003, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When I first intalled my Moser, the rear of the car was up too high. I then installed BMR rear springs with my Moser. I think the Moser adds 3/4" while the rear springs dropped it 1". The rear is sitting a tad lower than the stock front but I'll be doing the front springs soon so it should give it a raked look. Keep the rubber isololators in and you should be fine. I'm pretty sure BMR doesn't drop more than an inch. The ride is nice too, not too harsh like some others. I have 315's in back and after pounding the inner fender and rolling the fender lip, they never make contact.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the info shawn. i think i read some of your other posts on this subject. i was hoping to avoid rolling the fenders if i get the nitto 315s DRs, but i plan on pounding the wells. maybe i could take the 1/2" isolaters out and forget about springs and deal with the 1/4 inch increase. i never noticed any increase in height on the camaro, but i never checked either, and i did remove the isolaters. i defintly dont want to sit lower in the rear. did you remove your isolaters? my mods will be nearly identical to yours very soon.

i just found that slp springs drop the back 3/4 of an inch, that would be perfect. as much as i hate to give them any buisness. anybody like slp springs?

Last edited by kev93z; 12-27-2003 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kev93z
thanks for the info shawn. i think i read some of your other posts on this subject. i was hoping to avoid rolling the fenders if i get the nitto 315s DRs, but i plan on pounding the wells. maybe i could take the 1/2" isolaters out and forget about springs and deal with the 1/4 inch increase. i never noticed any increase in height on the camaro, but i never checked either, and i did remove the isolaters. i defintly dont want to sit lower in the rear. did you remove your isolaters? my mods will be nearly identical to yours very soon.
No problem. I was hoping to avoid rolling my fenders but the tires were making contact on stock suspension when I went over a good bump or had people in the back. I was afraid for the new Michelins and wanted to lower it a little so I rented a fender roller for $75. Can't even tell it was done unless you take the tire off and look inside or feel the lip with your fingers. It was much easier than I thought it would and the paint never cracked. For now, I kept my isolators in until I install my front springs. If the rear starts to look too high then I'll remove them.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:14 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Another way to lower the rear back down after the Moser and without having to buy springs is taking out the spring purch on top of the rear springs. It's free, and easy. Pop the springs out, and you'll see the rubber purch they sit on. Leave it out, and run a piece of heater hose all down the first 2-3 coils of the spring so it'll provide some cushion and prevent noise. This will lower your rear ~.75-1 inch.

Josh
Old 12-28-2003, 03:37 AM
On The Tree

well if it lowers it that much ill be happy, i wont need springs. i removed my isolaters and used hose when i put the moser in the z last year, thats why i didnt notice any height increase i guess. ill try it without new springs at first and see what happens. i want to avoid lowering springs if possible to have traction with upcoming mods including a yank converter. kev

Quick Reply: rear springs for moser height increase