Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need stiffer suspension??? please help with tire fitment

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need stiffer suspension??? please help with tire fitment

I have about 2" to play with before the rear tires hit the fenders. I am running 27x11.5x15 tires and LOVE the look of them but I'm afraid they are too tall. The car is lowered 2" so I am rubbing if it hits a little bump or I get on it. How do I make the rear suspension extremely stiff so I dont hit the fenders? I even thought about making my own custom bump stops to prevent these from hitting.

Here is my clearance issue:

Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowAss93LT1
I have about 2" to play with before the rear tires hit the fenders. I am running 27x11.5x15 tires and LOVE the look of them but I'm afraid they are too tall. The car is lowered 2" so I am rubbing if it hits a little bump or I get on it. How do I make the rear suspension extremely stiff so I dont hit the fenders? I even thought about making my own custom bump stops to prevent these from hitting.

Here is my clearance issue:

First, have you rolled your fenders?
Next if you really are lowered about 2", you should be damn near (or on) the rear bumps stops as is. What springs are you running, sportlines?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

I have the same problem... need some kind of stiffer rear springs to stop the car from squatting so much, you don't want to use bump stops
Old 02-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
First, have you rolled your fenders?
Next if you really are lowered about 2", you should be damn near (or on) the rear bumps stops as is. What springs are you running, sportlines?
No, the fenders are not rolled and I wouldn't trust myself to do it. I believe they are eibach pro kit springs. They are reall mooshy and are sagged way lower in the back than they are in the front. Its annoying. Im considering throwing some stock springs back on and seeing how it sits.

Quick Reply: need stiffer suspension??? please help with tire fitment