Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anybody have pics of the UMI tunnel brace/safety loop #2025 installed with 3"ORY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have pics of the UMI tunnel brace/safety loop #2025 installed with 3"ORY?

I just finished up installing my transmission cross member/ T/A relocation bracket along with my tunnel brace/safety loop. When i went to install my 3" ORY it just didn't seem like something was right.

The ORY had to sit on the brace itself on the bottom as well as it butting up against the loop square bar bracket. I do not want to get all this back up and running only to hear a bunch of rattling due to the exhaust tapping on it all the time.

So like the tittle says does anyone have this piece installed along with the ORY and have pics they would not mind posting up. Also UMI DOES NOT have any install pics posted up so there is no need to tell me to go and look there for a better idea.

Thanks in advance, Mike

So here is what I am working with there.

Side view of the passenger side routing:

Clearly Touching:

On the top of the ORY on the square bar bracing for the safety loop:

And on the bottom where the drop down section is for the exhaust to run through:
Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed you are having a issue with our DS loop. And I just wanted to give you a few suggestions. First install the driver-side of the Y pipe. And you might have to shift and move the Y pipe around. But you will have the clearance. Sorry for any inconvenience of not having any pics but they will be coming soon. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this helps

We used the rubber spacer inbetween the pipe and the brace while welding and when removing it the clearance was fine I have no issues. Thats a 3'' Y with 4'' merge

Quick Reply: Anybody have pics of the UMI tunnel brace/safety loop #2025 installed with 3"ORY?