Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Swaybars for this set up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Swaybars for this set up?

Heres what i currently have:
Koni Da's out back ( Came with car, its a 99 1LE car that had most the 1le parts removed before i bought it at an Izuzu dealership ) Koni SA's upfront( about to install them) Decarbons on as i type, 1LE springs, BMR panhard Bar, BMR SFC's, stock Sways.

Also, should i get the Eibach Pro Kit? are they good springs for a daily driver set up? I plan to do the 3/4th " lowering when i install the SA's and remove the rubber in the rear.

My goals are a great handling daily driver set up, will race it later on when i have the time. I know these shocks are great, just wanted some sway/spring insight.

Ive heard a few well respected recommendations. I just wanted to hear some more.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2004, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Talking

As most here will tell ya, if you want the best swaybar setup for a daily driver, get the G2's from LG motorsports. They are 32.5mm solid front/21.5mm solid rear (compared to stock 32mm hollow/19mm hollow or 32mm/21 hollow on SS and WS6). I am waiting for mine to come in and have also ordered a new PHB, LCA's, Spohn tunnel brace, and BMR SFC's. Once all goes on will let you know. Not going to lower mine yet due to cost and I have LT's with the SLP Y that hangs kinda low.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Veteran

for the money and all around performance gain.....its REALLY hard to beat the factory 1LE sway bars (32mm front/ 21mm rear). You can get them from LMPerformance for cheap and they really wake up these cars.

ANYTHING from LG Motorsports is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but for the average person, I can't see using anything but the 1LEs.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was thinking going the 35 mm outfront stock 19 rear. I have great shocks for adjustment out back.
Any input on the springs?

Thanks guys
Old 01-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

I just put on ST 35 mm solid front bar on my 99 SS (replacing the 1LE hollow 32 mm bar). It made a very noticable difference in the feel of the SS. It arrived too late for the last AX event so I don't know just how well it will imporove the handling in a measurable way. BTW comes with a set of PU bushings and end links.

Quick Reply: What Swaybars for this set up?