Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Fays 2, Watts Link

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010 | 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
can someone please post up the installation instructions?

thanks
tony
It's 13 pages of very well put together information, with plenty of pictures.

IMO, read every page; twice!
Old 07-15-2010 | 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cjb
That sound promising. During this year, did you do any maintenance on the Watts? Checking bolts, alignment, lubing etc. Over time, how do you know that it works properly and articulate in the best manner? As I understand, lubing with grease is not the way to go, that can attract dust and dirt. If any lubing is to be done you should use "dry lubricant". I was thinking, maybe I should lube them at once, or maybe I should just leave them alone and see what happens.
I get under the car anyway about every 3 months for PM (Preventive Maintenance) regardless if there's any issues. As far as lubing the rod-ends I just did mine for the first time yesterday, with some spray "dry lube", the rod-ends really shouldn't need much if any lubrication added, I just used it this time to help wash away some of the heavier then normal amount of dust/dirt around the rod-ends this time.
FYI, I usually just leave them alone.
To make sure it works properly over time you first need to take your time and make sure it set-up correctly, then at least do PM about every 3 months. If something does get loose/out of adjustment you'll likely hear/feel it. I had to tighten up a few nuts/bolts in the first 2 weeks, but after that nothing.
Old 07-15-2010 | 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
It's 13 pages of very well put together information, with plenty of pictures.

IMO, read every page; twice!
Yeah one of the best installation instructions I have gotten for an aftermarket part.

Quick Reply: Fays 2, Watts Link