Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ground Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010 | 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Default Ground Clearance

I'm reading and think I have found an answer but I want make sure I'm on the right track.

I have ground clearance issues. The current suspension is stock except for Rear LCA's, PHB and SFC's. I want a street/strip suspension that will hook up better but need to maintain the ground clearance I have so I don't bang my exhaust up any more that I already do.

What I've gathered is stock springs with Koni shocks seem to be what is relied upon in similar situations. Is that accurate and/or is there a better set up.

This car is used as a toy. I drive it when I want to like it were a daily driver but I don't have to. What I'm looking for is strip and straight line, stop light to stop light kind of traction.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2010 | 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

You're missing LCA re-lo brackets.
Old 04-09-2010 | 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

What exactly is scraping?? I bet it is your duals not the headers. See if you can get a better exhaust fabbed so you can drop the car. I was looking at the strano 1.2 drop springs and bilstein shocks. I have the slp longtubes and they scrape on absolutely everything at stock height.
Old 04-09-2010 | 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

I know it's the duals. I've gotten under the car to look and see what things touch it. On the duals right behind the header collectors will catch large speed bumps or any speed bump not creeped over. The turn downs are the only other thing that hit. They stop right in line with the front of the rear fender well. If you have more than 2 adults in the car they will scrub on anything bouncy (bridge overpasses) and if the car hooks occasionally they will scrub on a launch. I think I can correct that by loosening the mufflers and turning them out a bit but I still don't want to drop the car if I can make it hook without lowering it.

I've tried to get another exhaust fabbed but no one semi locally wants to try it. So TSP's setup was what I went with.

Quick Reply: Ground Clearance