Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front shock install question,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front shock install question,,,,

Im putting in my lowering springs up front and the shock nut at the top was rusted on solid. So I really really need shocks now... and was going to get these....
http://catalog.monroe.com/monroe/pro...catalog=MONROE
problem is they dont come with a lower spring seat perches,,, will the old ones i have here work on these shocks??? How do I get them off the old shocks?? The old shocks are the orange Gadriel or something on it I assume they are stock ones.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you reuse your old parts. Slide them off the old shock and slide them on the new ones. You might need to tap on em' lightly to get them started. FWIW Bilstein makes a better shock. Price shop between the two.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not the best shock choice for lowering springs, might as well just do it right while you're in there.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh I know they are not the best,,, but to put things in perspective,,, The car is going up for sale very soon so i can buy my ls1,, labor is free as Im doing the work... If I was to keep the car id go nuts on it $ wise but im not. But for the price they will last a while... the cars around here are only driven 4-5 months out of the yr the rest its winter time so. Plus I cant really afford anything else. Those cheap shocks in the link if I buy them locally are the same price as KYB and I cant even really afford to buy the local ones even if they were in stock. The springs are only spring tech anyhow so I dont expect much, I want looks not comfort.
Actually alot of ppl say to buy the heavy duty expensive shocks but theyll just rattle your teeth out we have really bad roads and weather there $$ or not they just dont last,, so why throw your money away even faster.

One question is about my old shocks at the top of it is a large brass ring and to slide the seat off would catch on that brass part,,, do i take it off somehow???

Quick Reply: Front shock install question,,,,