Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

K Member?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question K Member?

What are the advantages/ disadvantages of an aftermarket k member and upper and lower control arms? It will be going on a 98 camaro ss and will be a street strip car with 500 to the wheels. I have been looking at the spohn ls1 k member and i think i like that the best out of the bmr and umi. If anybody has any advice that would be great. Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Advantages would be you open alot of room up under the car to work on/access stuff. Second advantage would be that your droppin weight off the nose of the car.

Possible disadvantage is loss of strength, but there are a ****-ton of ppl runnin this type of setup with out issue.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above if you did the complete set up with both uppers and lowers, you are looking at losing around 33 lbs which helps with weight transfer. And I also wanted to suggest to you that we are the only manufacture that offers our duel tube technology for added strength and our products have been tested (with our own vehicles) and have held up to pretty much anything we can throw at them. And when you purchase from UMI Performance you are getting a great quality product that is made right here at our own facility in the USA. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...j3k9l9od9issf4

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible disadvantage or advantage

some k-members are claimed to be stronger than stock. So I wonder, how do they hold of in accidents on the street? or even the track for that matter?

Do they provide better protection or less? I realize this may be manufacturer dependent but my perception of reduced crash safety is what is keeping me from installing one in my own street vehicle. otherwise I would be all for it especially if it was really stronger than stock in terms of crash protection.

Last edited by CarolinaCamaro; 04-26-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: K Member?