Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What suspension???

Well guys im getting ready to start doing a little suspension work, wanting to know what kind of setup (shocks, springs, etc...) You guys recomend, im looking to try and see a little daylight under my front tires
Basic set up is of car is so maybey you can help me from here... I will be leaving on a th350 t-braked, possibly on the kit out of the whole....

Also if anybody has any setups for sale lmk!
thanks chris!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

ttt no recomendations!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Well what do you have so far for suspension?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shocks are the first thing. Afco ,strange,CE they all work better then stock type. Torquue arm and rear lower control arms. The torque arm made a big difference on my car. I went with a street type (long), but get the mount off of the tranny tail shaft. Adj. Panhard bar to center the rear if you change the ride height. Air bags in the rear springs can help if you want to keep a street type suspension. These work well with the stock anti sway bar. you air them up to help launch the car straight. Poly bushings work well in all the bolt on parts if you are going to daily drive it. They are quite. Hiem joints are better but they are noisey and ride rough . Tranny mounts and motor mounts even help on the launch. The faster and more efficiently the car transfers weight the better the launch will be. Oh yea tires tires tires!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed that you are looking for some suspension suggestions to allow you to allow you to come off of the line harder. And like 1LEJohn mentioned if its a street car then I would suggest going with at least a set of single adjustable components in the rear end. Having a poly bushings on the chassis side will still allow for a great ride quality while the rod end on the rear end will hold up better then a poly under hard launches. And to maintain a great ride quality on the street and still allow the suspension to be bullet proof. I would suggest going with a full length arm with a relocation cross member to get the arm off of the transmission to eliminate any issues with possibly breaking the tail-shaft.

But if you are looking for maximum weight transfer then I would suggest going with a tunnel mounted version. They not only transfer weight faster due to the shorter arm. If you tie them into your suspension with a set of 3 pointers then you pretty much have a indestructible suspension that is working as one whole unit. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has too offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...j1rt5sc8s114m5

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

My UMI arm works great. Great vendor to deal with.

Quick Reply: What suspension???