Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sb 350 in a 99 z28?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sb 350 in a 99 z28?

I saw a 99 z today with a regular carbed small block 350 in it. I was wondering does anyone make the mounts or better yet a kit to put one of these in a 4th gen. If it was home made, it fits like a champ and looks cool to boot. Does anyone have any pics of the finished product and how does the hei clear and water pump to radiator. matt holley
Old 01-11-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess it begs the question "Why"?

I've seen it done for American Sedan rules (using a 305). But it was scratch built.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nilestracing
I saw a 99 z today with a regular carbed small block 350 in it. I was wondering does anyone make the mounts or better yet a kit to put one of these in a 4th gen. If it was home made, it fits like a champ and looks cool to boot. Does anyone have any pics of the finished product and how does the hei clear and water pump to radiator. matt holley
the hei will clear, however removing it to service or replace requires pulling the motor unless you have done some firewall modification. As for the radiator some opt to cutting the core support so the radiator sits vertical.
on turbo and blower setups this gives much more room up front i dont think it would need to do this just for a long sbc style water pump though
Old 01-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Launching!

well it had a electric water pump with a real super small alt on the bottom driver side no other acc.and from what it looked like it was a stock radiator.

Quick Reply: Sb 350 in a 99 z28?