Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Help?

I will be picking up my 02 Camaro Z28 in a few weeks. The car sits pretty high, so I'm thinking of doing some suspension work as my starting mods (as the new owner). I want to lower it a couple inches, What Springs would you recommend & how low? Also, I want it to hook better at the track.. Maybe some Adjustable Shocks? Oh yeah, Handling would be nice!! Just tell me what you think i should get. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can hear it already....SEARCH!!! Anyway your getting a nice ride. Take your time and plan your mods out. Sits pretty high? compared to what exactly? focus on performance increase with parts that meet or beat OEM specs. As an example, the best spring you can buy might only lower your car .5 to .75 inches. You can go lower or whatever but some of your parts might not be designed to work at the new geometry level. Have fun
Old 05-17-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stranoparts.com
Old 05-18-2010, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed you are going to be getting a new ride shortly! And you are interested in lowering it and I just wanted to leave you know that when you lower a vehicle. I would highly suggest going with a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to recenter the rear end due to it shifting when lowered. And another suggestion is if you are looking for better traction performance. I would suggest going with a set of relocation brackets to gain back all of the traction that was loss due to incorrect LCA angle. And the brackets will also eliminate your wheel hop as well. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...urae2evhk2jem0

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Suspension Help?