Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Annoying squeek after 12 bolt install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Annoying squeek after 12 bolt install?

I had a 12 bolt installed along with Spohn LCA's and spohn adjustable torque arm. Now I have an annoying squeel coming from the rear area. When go over bumps, get out of the car or push down on the rear bumper area it does this. Never did before the suspension parts were added and 12 bolt?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Does it come and go? I know that my stock 10bolt sometimes does something similar. More like a whoom sound. I believe its the bearings in my pumpkin. Anyway it mainly does it after alot of speedbumps in a lot or some serious downtown manuvers around potholes and construction cones.

What im saying is your torque arm may be pulling/pushing too hard and your axleshaft is either rubbing the axle housing or your bearings are not installed properly....im 70% on this theory btw
Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

the squeek is always there. I just have to open the hatch and push down on the back of the car it happens every time.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Did you pre grease the outside of the bushings before you installed them back into the mounting locations? And make sure that the bushings are in good shape and grease properly (1-2 pumps per bushing). If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad