Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

panhard bar noise..long story. how to fix??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default panhard bar noise..long story. how to fix??

I was jacking up my car to rotate my wheels, and my dad, who was drunk, decided he knew where to place the jack in the back. He placed it on the panhard bar and bent it. Well he bought me a new one a little while ago from Spohn for like 100$ ish mabye 150 idr. It helped me alot as far as hopping and got the job done. But after a little while it bagan to make some noise when i hit bumps. I dont think its my suspension because it only happens when traveling on a really rough bumpy road and not when the rear suspension is torqued by driving out of a driveway in reverse. So my dad said to put ,more greese in the fittings. I did that, and it stoped the noise for a good amount of time, but then the noise came back. I tried the greese a few more time, each time the noise returning more quickly. So now Im tired of the greese fix and want to do something more. Any recomendations??? Thoughts??

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

What kind of grease are you using?
Assuming you bar has urethane bushings, grease is the right answer. It sounds like what you're using may be washing out on wet roads, maybe? You might need to use something more water impervious.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Good idea I'll look into it. It's just some random greese my dad had laying around it could be anything haha. I'll ask him today and get back to you tonight about my findings
Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

update?