Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

kyb's and ground control

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyb's and ground control

anyone running kyb agx shocks and struts? and how do u like them? i was think of them and ground control adjustable sprigs. any one running the ground controls? how do u like them?

thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

I ran the ground controls with SA Koni's. I thought the GC's were a great setup, though I eventually went with a different spring/shock combo (drag race setup). THe GC's give you the ability to adjust ride height to your needs.

I still have the rear GC's and a pair of rear 150lb springs. Let me know if you'd like to buy them - they're just collecting dust.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Launching!

I had ground controls and kyb's when i had the v6 engine in the car. The ride was terrible and the shocks blew out rather quickly. I was not happy with that combo.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Default koni's

whats the diff between the koni SA and the DA? and about how much are they? and where can i get them?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

What are your goals? Track only car? Daily Driver? Autocross? Road Race? Drag Race?

Each of these answers will help determine whats best for you. Keep in mind there are quite a few really good setups that work for people, but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea for your needs.

And be honest with yourself about what you really want/need.

The SA Konis' are adjustable in only one direction (I can't remember if it's the rebound or compression) and the DA (dual Adjustable) are adjustable in both directions. The DA's are overkill for anything thats not a serious track car, plus they are $$$$.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NDR PRSR
The DA's are overkill for anything thats not a serious track car, plus they are $$$$.
FYI .... SLP is clearing out their stock of Koni DAs at $600 for a set of 4.

Only a Penske shock is better ....
Old 01-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Teching In

i will be using the car as a daly driver but will be taking it on road courses and auto x.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

I found the Level I (essentially a 1LE package) was GREAT for daily driver and good for road racing, perhaps the autocross guys could chime in - I never ran any. You'll find that in road racing the weakest link in the f-body is the brakes, not necessarily the handling.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NDR PRSR
I found the Level I (essentially a 1LE package) was GREAT for daily driver and good for road racing, perhaps the autocross guys could chime in - I never ran any. You'll find that in road racing the weakest link in the f-body is the brakes, not necessarily the handling.
hmmm ... With Carbotech Panther Plus, I found the brakes VERy adequate.

However, the freaking understeer was horrible till I freed up the rear from those damn rubber/poly bushings, different sway bars, decent springs and shocks and a T2R.

Only then did I find the brakes were a "weal link". But it's all relative ...

Quick Reply: kyb's and ground control