Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear hard brake line

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Rear hard brake line

Is it possible to get a new rear brake line all one piece? I've checked rock auto, GM parts direct, not finding it. I figured that it might be better to have the whole new line instead of putting a coupler after the metal flex part of the line to join the old and new line together.

This would be for a 3 channel non-TCS car.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of a one piece OEM brake line for the rear end, but GM sells the pre-made 2 hard lines fairly cheap.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ferrerid=13535
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was talking about the line that goes from the ABS block all the way back to the rubber hose connection. I'm guessing I can't get that part but wanted to check.

But thanks for that link with those part numbers. My lines along the axles aren't too bad (just some surface rust) but if I end up fixing the rust on this car I may want to replace those at some point.

*edit* I checked their site and am not coming up with anything, oh well.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have the part number for that line, but shipping alone from GMPD was insane due to the length of it. You'd be better off doing what I did; go buy some brake tubing and the proper tools to bend and flare it. It actually came out to be cheaper for me to do it that way. Not to mention, my new lines are stainless steel, so there's no way in hell they're ever going to look as horrible as they used to.

Either that or hit up a junk yard to get a used one for cheap.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's what I figure I'll end up doing. Just thought I'd check. By the way, did you reuse the flexible braided part at the ABS block, or find a replacement for it, or just join the new line to the original one?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ABS is gone, so I just used hard line. You could keep it and put a union on the two pieces, but that would just introduce another leak point in the system. I doubt it would be a huge issue to connect directly. If you wanted, you could do a loop in the line to provide some flex like this:

Quick Reply: Rear hard brake line