Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Maybe a brake problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Maybe a brake problem?

Hi guys. I have a 98 Z28 M6 and as of a week or so its been giving me alittle bit of a concern.

It's making a "tunneling" noise at the back end while coming to a stop while braking, mostly on the drivers side(idk it could be on both sides but i don't sit on the passenger side while driving to give you an accurate answer lol). I'm taking a guess to be the rear brake pads but i changed the brake pads maybe year or so ago and i remember it was making more of a grinding noise not a "tunneling" noise.

And sorry for keep using the "tunneling" noise, i dont know how to describe it any better, it just sounds like the noise is going back and forth between the rear end while coming to a stop and effecting a "tunneling" noise.

BUT rear back brake pads is still a good guess b/c brake dust is on the back drivers side rims but not so much on the passenger rear. So i don't know what else it could be? Maybe the rotors? I know my rotors are pretty worn out too. Is that a safe guess as well? I'm just playing the guessing game now. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated, THANK!