Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Advice for best street shock/springs setup with H/C/N2O

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Advice for best street shock/springs setup with H/C/N2O

I need to replace my stock shocks soon so I want to get the best shock for my needs;

I love how the car hooks with the stock setup right now on the juice. I have 18'' wheels(ride got worst since). The car is 100% street and I want a shock that will upgrade cornering but will keep straight line like I have.

I might keep the stock springs if its the only to keep the ground clearance and straight line hooking.

I dont want an all out setup, just a an upgrade over stock that'll hook and turn better. No big drop, I would like 0.5-1'' drop at most. I will prefer the best bang for the $$$ shock/spring.

I was thinking BMR 1''/bilstein.

any opinion is welcome!

Last edited by Johnnystock; 06-15-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Bump..any 02. is welcome, I'm a suspension noob!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I need to replace my stock shocks soon so I want to get the best shock for my needs;

I love how the car hooks with the stock setup right now on the juice. I have 18'' wheels(ride got worst since). The car is 100% street and I want a shock that will upgrade cornering but will keep straight line like I have.

I might keep the stock springs if its the only to keep the ground clearance and straight line hooking.

I dont want an all out setup, just a an upgrade over stock that'll hook and turn better. No big drop, I would like 0.5-1'' drop at most. I will prefer the best bang for the $$$ shock/spring.

I was thinking BMR 1''/bilstein.

any opinion is welcome!
The worn out factory shock will act like a drag shock and get you lots of weight transfer, of course at the cost of handling, feel, balance, control and ride quality.
Bilstiens would definitely help with the above, but your launch may (everyones car and setup is different) suffer from it. And FYI BMR no longer makes their 1" drop springs, its only their strano-knock off 1.2" springs now.
Personally I wouldn't get lowering springs unless I had konis, revalved bilstiens, or some higher end (penske etc.) shock, but that's just me, I like having that overdamped, planted and controlled feel.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+2 on bilstien and strano springs. but Im biased. Hotchkins has a 1" drop spring also. Look for some SLP/EIBACH springs in the classifieds. Heard more pros than cons on them. With the SLP Bilstiens.

Quick Reply: Advice for best street shock/springs setup with H/C/N2O