Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best budget drilled and slotted rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Best budget drilled and slotted rotors?

What does everyone recommend for a 1995 trans am 6 speed car?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is drilled needed for a certain reason? I have been using Powerslot rotors in all corners with stainless lines and hawk pads..and my pedal feels amazing..
i ordered the package(complete with fluid) from thunder racing
Old 06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A sponsor here called Brakemotive is frequently running sales for their rotors in the Sponsor Sales forum. They also have an ebay store. I have not used them but plan to order some next sale they have. Great prices for sure, and lots of people here seem to snap them up.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The word "cheap" in reference to brake components is a little frighting. However, I have used powerslot rotors on a couple of cars that I have driven hard and they work extremely well. Most people do not suggest drilled rotors. Do a quick search.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:10 AM
TECH Addict

I went to rotorsonline.com. Ask for Mike Swift. great guy to deal with and great prices.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 AM
Banned

Sam Strano is having a sale on some rotors.------------------------>
Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dubga
A sponsor here called Brakemotive is frequently running sales for their rotors in the Sponsor Sales forum. They also have an ebay store. I have not used them but plan to order some next sale they have. Great prices for sure, and lots of people here seem to snap them up.

I would also recommend Brakemotive. I bought my rear powerslot rotors and some front Brembo plain rotors from them at a great price. Customer service was great and BrakeMotive is local for me here in Chicago.

As far as drilled rotors, they're really more for appearance. A lot of the really fast guys are using plain rotors, or maybe slotted like powerslot, Hawk pads, FRESH good fluid, and maybe some steel lines. Using all that and my car stops in unbelievable short distances. The other part besides short distance is lack of fading after repeated stops.

Do a search and you'll see a lot of guys, who actually know what they're talking about, will tell you that drilled are not needed. I am using blank Brembo rotors in front and it's more than enough with all the other things i mentioned. I got the Powerslots for the rear cause they were on sale or would have gone with a blank rotor instead.

Again, Brakemotive is a sponsor and I bought from them and had a really great experience. He even gave me a break on the price for a set of pads.
I will be calling them when it's time to buy again.

Quick Reply: Best budget drilled and slotted rotors?