Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

has anyone in here used adj coil spring spacers in rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default has anyone in here used adj coil spring spacers in rear

i have alot of weight in my rear from my stereo and 18"ers and want to lift the rear some(plus call me crazy or hate on me but i like the raked look)...i currently have air bags in the rear srings which work great but it stiffens the rear to much and even at 1/4 fill i keep blowing them...yes i have one with a whole in my truck and now 2 with holes in the car thts at 35psi ea and they max at 100....so i was wondering about the adj coil spacers that go on the lower perch....thinking that might deff do the trick plus some day in the near future id like a drag tire set up so the clearence would help...just wondering if anyone has used these or any experienceon them.....i'm already running springs from an old model chevelle wagon which are much taller but i'm still even with front and to low for my liking
Old 06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

anyone....or any sugeestions on anything other then coil overs which are not in my budget at this time
Old 06-27-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up some cheap Mr Gasket coil spring spacers to help the "sag" issue from my Eibach Pro Kit. Easy enough to install and they work.

Here they are.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr.+Gasket/720/1281/10002/-1
Old 06-27-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACDenali
I picked up some cheap Mr Gasket coil spring spacers to help the "sag" issue from my Eibach Pro Kit. Easy enough to install and they work.

Here they are.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr.+Gasket/720/1281/10002/-1
So do you remove the factory isolators from the top of the spring and install these? How much of a raise did you notice? My car is stock height but I've got a pretty low hanging exhaust and wouldn't mind an extra 1-1.5" of clearance in the back.

Quick Reply: has anyone in here used adj coil spring spacers in rear