Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rattle and thump comin from rear after adj.phb install

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Well, if that's the case he should contact the manufacture or site sponsor he bought the PHB from.
Hello
Correct! That would be the best thing to do. But he mentioned above that he did torque everything down to specs. If by chance the bar didn't torque down to 90ft lbs its possible that it wont compress the mounting bracket for the torque arm. If it is our bar please feel free to give me a call and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I'm talkin bout the actual rod end moves on the spacer but brad from UMI said rod ends are noisy and are used for race applications guess il be ordering roto joint ends dang it if Ida known I wouldeve got them to begin with
Old 07-09-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The PHB is one location that shouldn't be noisy, I've never had PHB with rod-ends that was noisy, other locations like the LCA's yes, but not with the PHB.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 07-11-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

I'm gunna see if I can find some rubber grommets or rubber washers thick enuf to fit in between the rod end and the mount keep it from moven back an forth just see if it is the rukas I hear back there. What about the upper ph what kind of force woul it take the jar that??
Old 07-11-2010, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Well it can't be the ph because I put four rubber spacers between the rod ends and the mounting bracket it ain't moven unless something is rattaling in side the bar it's not the ph. How would I know if my springs were bad other than tryn to move them or obvious sag in the body cuz evry thing appears good??
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like I mentioned above. The downfall with a rod end is they do offer a little solid ride quality...but if you are looking for something that will allow the vehicle to hock then they are the real deal. A rod end will make noise when it is warn out. Even though it looks ok its still possible. But other than that if you are looking for a quieter ride quality then the roto are the way to go for sure. As long as they are properly greased they will last for quite awhile. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Rattle and thump comin from rear after adj.phb install