Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

hooking

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm... I don't have any problem yet.... but I haven't installed my 373's yet either.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I had same problems with my car (mods in sig). I switched to Hoosier DR's and grabs much better with a little spin in 1st. Now Im considering QA1 front and CE rear shocks to see how It will work.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

OP, you have alot of the same stuff I did and still wouldn't hook for **** until I got better tires. World of difference now.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
maybe we just have good roads in Iowa? lol
Yeahhhhhhhh............. about that
Old 07-12-2010, 03:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiers
Yeahhhhhhhh............. about that
that was sarcasm
Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Banned

M/T ET Street Radials II's are awesome on the street!

I used to blow NT555's right off, not any more.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tires

I say change the tires. I just went from an NT01 to a Summer NT05. The NT01 275s never slipped. The newer NT05 315s summer compound will slip all day if I flash the converter on the street.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For your mods, 555R's, 05R's, or ET streets should be more than adequete and fix your problems.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by joblo1978
M/T ET Street Radials II's are awesome on the street!

I used to blow NT555's right off, not any more.
Quoted for truth, these tires work great for a mild car on the street. They will fix the traction problem.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you think some 315/30/18 MT ET Streets will do with 370rwhp... and then ~500rwhp with a 150 shot....
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 AM
12 Second Club

Damn. People can get their fbody to hook on the street? I can go from a 50 roll and have problems spinning.
Even when i put the et streets on i cant hook to save my life.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by franksaltz28
Damn. People can get their fbody to hook on the street? I can go from a 50 roll and have problems spinning.
Even when i put the et streets on i cant hook to save my life.
Hello
I noticed you are having issues with spinning.....There are so many scenarios that can cause this...Do you have any suspension work done to the vehicle? Such as Lower control arms, relocation brackets, SFC's, Pan hard bar. What is your spring and shock combo as well... Ans are you running a Street radial on a 17in wheel? If so you have to keep in mind that there is very little sidewall that you are able to work with..What it comes down to is allowing weight to transfer back to the rear and allow the weight to carry over the rear keeping the tires planted. If you can get back to us with your mods and we can go from there to see what will work best for your set up.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-13-2010, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
I noticed you are having issues with spinning.....There are so many scenarios that can cause this...Do you have any suspension work done to the vehicle? Such as Lower control arms, relocation brackets, SFC's, Pan hard bar. What is your spring and shock combo as well... Ans are you running a Street radial on a 17in wheel? If so you have to keep in mind that there is very little sidewall that you are able to work with..What it comes down to is allowing weight to transfer back to the rear and allow the weight to carry over the rear keeping the tires planted. If you can get back to us with your mods and we can go from there to see what will work best for your set up.
Thanks
Brad
I have issues on the street. My car has a little suspention work. (torque arm, anti sway bar, subframe connectors,) As far as springs and shocks, im stock. On the street i run a 17 inch wheel with 275 street tires. For track use i have 16 inch wheel with mt et streets on them. I havent ran my car since the motor rebuild, but when it was stock i could only pull a 1.7 60foot.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Anyone considered the "fix the driver" mod?

I bet half of the people who ask this question just expect to smash the pedal and expect their tires to just launch them forward
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

to the OP, just get nitto555r's period. especially at your power level. its the cheapest and easiest way also. best tires ive even owned. i have to dump the clutch at 4k in 1st too light them up as opposed to doing 2nd gear burnouts on mint sumo's. still have the sumo's on the front. IMHO these tires are good for at least another 100rwhp/ an maybe 100rwtq
Old 07-14-2010, 06:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Anyone considered the "fix the driver" mod?

I bet half of the people who ask this question just expect to smash the pedal and expect their tires to just launch them forward
Are u calling me a bad driver? Its pretty hard to get traction with bald fuzion street tires. I can just get on the gas hard in 3rd and lose traction. Tires and suspention would do a world of good.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
FormerVendor

I have issues on the street. My car has a little suspention work. (torque arm, anti sway bar, subframe connectors,) As far as springs and shocks, im stock. On the street i run a 17 inch wheel with 275 street tires. For track use i have 16 inch wheel with mt et streets on them. I havent ran my car since the motor rebuild, but when it was stock i could only pull a 1.7 60foot.
Hello
Thanks for getting back to me with that info! A few things that a recognized that you did not have was a set of aftermarket LCA's and relocation brackets. And for your application I would suggest looking into a single adjustable LCA's to make sure when you run the Street Radial that is center in the wheel well. And having the poly bushing on the chassis side will maintain a great ride quality on the street. And the rod end on the rear will allow the rear end to articulate and eliminate any possible issues with suspension bind and not only hold up better then a poly bushing on the rear end.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...dbmtbksn68tsi5

And going with the relocation brackets will allow you to adjust the LCA for better instant center. And they also will eliminate wheel hoping issues and increase your traction performance on both the street and strip. We offer them in both a weld on and a bolt on application. We always suggest once you start getting down around 1.5 60fts or better go with the weld on brackets (or just weld on your bolt on brackets).

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...dbmtbksn68tsi5

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Are u calling me a bad driver? Its pretty hard to get traction with bald fuzion street tires. I can just get on the gas hard in 3rd and lose traction. Tires and suspention would do a world of good.
Were you about to call me an a**hole!?!?!

I wasn't calling anyone a bad driver in here. I was suggesting that in many cases where people post that they can't get any traction, that there may exist the possibility that they need to adjust their left and right foot a bit. How's that for a politically correct answer

I'll admit that I've been trying to launch well in my racing events for years. I still got problems doing it well consistently. So there's a driver factor in there in my case
Old 07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Were you about to call me an a**hole!?!?!

I wasn't calling anyone a bad driver in here. I was suggesting that in many cases where people post that they can't get any traction, that there may exist the possibility that they need to adjust their left and right foot a bit. How's that for a politically correct answer

I'll admit that I've been trying to launch well in my racing events for years. I still got problems doing it well consistently. So there's a driver factor in there in my case
Yes there always is a driver factor, but suspension and good tires make it so much easier.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes there always is a driver factor, but suspension and good tires make it so much easier.
That's what I'm looking at. Though a lot of modifications that improve launching can be counter productive in turning the car. I need to do both in the spectator drag events

Quick Reply: hooking