Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm setting on relocation bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque arm setting on relocation bracket

When adjusting the torque arm up and down using the relocation crossmember bolt holes, what should I be looking for when driving and launching to determine the ideal instant center position for the car?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Element
When adjusting the torque arm up and down using the relocation crossmember bolt holes, what should I be looking for when driving and launching to determine the ideal instant center position for the car?
Is your car lowered? are you using the stock torque arm? which re-location crossmemeber are you using?

FWIW, UMI recommends the second hole from the bottom as the stock setting.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still stock height, using a UMI relocation crossmember and adjustable torque arm.

I remember seeing the second hole from the bottom as stock equivalent, but I wasn't sure if that was a general starting point to tweak from, or if that was "the setting" for a stock-height car. I wound up losing the install sheet while in the garage, so I was looking at BMR's install documents, and they recommend using the stock location to baseline, and then adjust from there...but I'm not sure what a properly-set-up instant center feels like.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your suspension needs. We also recommend starting at the stock location (second hole from the bottom). Seeing how your vehicle is stock ride height I would suggest moving your mounting location to the 3rd hole from the bottom. For a better instant center change and faster weight transfer. Then once you adjust your instant center adjustment recheck your pinon angle and make sure its set and designated setting -2 (for best all around performance). If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Brad
Old 07-17-2010, 02:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious, I want to eventually get a TA relocation bracket. How would you change it for a lowered car? What would be a good setting for say a car with Hotchkis springs?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Element
Thanks Brad
No Problem, Glad that I could help.
Thanks
Brad

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I'm curious, I want to eventually get a TA relocation bracket. How would you change it for a lowered car? What would be a good setting for say a car with Hotchkis springs?
Hello
I would just suggest installing the torque arm for a lowered vehicle in the 3rd set of holes as well to allow you to get a better weight transfer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Torque arm setting on relocation bracket