Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

greasing lca's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default greasing lca's

I just bought a set of umi rear lower control arm's and i was wondering if they come greased from the factory?I'm going to install them today.Where do you buy this marine grease they describe?Any parts store or do you have to go to a marine store?
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gutz
I just bought a set of umi rear lower control arm's and i was wondering if they come greased from the factory?I'm going to install them today.Where do you buy this marine grease they describe?Any parts store or do you have to go to a marine store?
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your suspension needs. No the control arms that we offer do not come pre greased. And when you do grease the control arms I would suggest only using 1.5-2 pumps of grease per grease fitting. And yes you can pick a marine based grease at your local auto parts store. We suggest the type of grease due to the fact that it holds up to water and heat better then standard grease.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

I use the Permatex anti-seize lubricant(the silver messy stuff) for LCAs',panhard,and sway bars(also for caliper pin sliders). So far it's the only lube I found to not get those annoying squeaks and noises that occur with time.