Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2010 Camaro SS Brembos on a 4th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have a full set of CTS-V 4 pot calipers & 5th Gen SS rotors (SLP take offs). To recap from what I've read so far, correct me if I'm wrong but...

FRONT:
  • The CTS-V Brembo's will bolt right up with the proper rotors without any drilling of anything (the CTS-V caliper bolts are smaller than the 14mm SS bolts) or without any additional brackets.
  • The SS rotors that I have will need to have the hubs machined out to fit the spindle hub but the lug stud holes are fine, even though they're larger, and the back spacing on the SS rotors prevent the need for the washer spacers.
  • Will need to purchase brake lines from Flynby to bolt up to the CTS-V calipers from the 4th Gen hard lines.

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE REAR:
  • Not a good idea to mount fixed calipers on a C-clip axle but folks do anyway. Has there been any update on this to where it's safe to do so? Maybe a commercially available "floating" bracket similar to the BAER one?
  • If you were to bolt up the rear calipers, will the SS rotors work with no machining and are there any brackets required?
  • Does no one make "custom" E-brake shoes that will work with SS or V rear rotors? I know in the G8 community, Squash Performance makes shoes to work with those rotors and with the G8 E-brake assembly.

I'll continue to research to make sure I just haven't read far enough but I wanted to ask the questions before I forgot them.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking into this solution also and havent come up with anything. From what i hear there is nothing currently out there and there isnt a big enough market for companies to create something, Maybe a post should be created so companies can see there that there is a market for this upgrade.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01dropTOP
Did some homework for you:

If you enter the code FALL20 at check out you get 20% off too

1st gen CTS-V/5th gen Camaro Calipers:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...mString=search

5th gen Camaro brake rotor:

OR you can used the Z06 rotors (these dont need machining)

has anyone bought the Autozone calipers? $200ea. for the CTS-V 6piston is a pretty good deal. They look uglier but hey
Old 11-02-2013, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

In the up coming weeks I will be. I'll be painting them anyways so it doesn't matter. Better than most deals on eBay too. Because Autozones are rebuilt and new.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

So is it safe for me to say that the 2010-2015 brembo brakes are the same as the cts-v brakes?
Old 07-05-2017, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Do a search to be sure... The caliper is the same, but if I recall the bolt size is different M12 for CTS and M14 for Camaro. I'm not positive though, I bought the CTS-V because they were cheaper at the time.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Do a search to be sure... The caliper is the same, but if I recall the bolt size is different M12 for CTS and M14 for Camaro. I'm not positive though, I bought the CTS-V because they were cheaper at the time.
great. I brought the 2010 camero for 275 with rotors and pads. and it came with all the hardware. thanks
Old 08-11-2019, 05:38 AM
Teching In

Hi Guys,
I just purchased 4 brembo calipers from a 2010 SS Camaro what else would i need to install these on to my 2001 TransAm, without machining the disc rotors.Thanks
Old 08-12-2019, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by trodo302
Hi Guys,
I just purchased 4 brembo calipers from a 2010 SS Camaro what else would i need to install these on to my 2001 TransAm, without machining the disc rotors.Thanks
Pretty sure your question is already answered in this thread. Go to page 1 and read through it. But really, your question is vague since you don't mention what you got with your calipers. Did they come it pads? Banjo bolts? Brake lines? Bleeders? Pins? Mounting bolts? There are so many components you need to look at before taking off the wheels to install.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:02 AM
Teching In

I only have the calipers,no pads or mounting bolts or hoses,just would like to know which pads and rotors to go with.
Thank you
Old 01-13-2020, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Any Updates,just curious to know whats a better option to go with for disc rotors for the front
The following users liked this post:
dirtracinfan (02-02-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I`ve been playing around with a floating caliper bracket for the rears..

Have not had a lot of time with these yet so it`s a work in progress, I had a sponsor try them out early in development but they were not free enough to allow the movement he needed at the time, so I`m opening up the bores a little and trying some harder stainless pins...I think the pins were distorting or mis-alinging under the torque of the fastener. If you look at the Baer SS4 caliper they do have a recess bored into the caliper to prevent the mis-alignment (the slide pins pilot into the recesses). I`m not sure if this is for everyone but If I can get it to work reliably I`m sure someone could use this.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigbrake
I`ve been playing around with a floating caliper bracket for the rears..

Have not had a lot of time with these yet so it`s a work in progress, I had a sponsor try them out early in development but they were not free enough to allow the movement he needed at the time, so I`m opening up the bores a little and trying some harder stainless pins...I think the pins were distorting or mis-alinging under the torque of the fastener. If you look at the Baer SS4 caliper they do have a recess bored into the caliper to prevent the mis-alignment (the slide pins pilot into the recesses). I`m not sure if this is for everyone but If I can get it to work reliably I`m sure someone could use this.
Nice work, but you know there's an option for this on a site with your user name in the title, right? I used their bracket on a Moser 12 bolt with fm7900 ends to put cts-v calipers on my belair. I basically asked for fbody flanges so I could bolt them on with this company's bracket, which happens to look very similar to yours. Theirs came with spacers for an ebrake. Didn't use them, but nice that they were available.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:50 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Nice work, but you know there's an option for this on a site with your user name in the title, right? I used their bracket on a Moser 12 bolt with fm7900 ends to put cts-v calipers on my belair. I basically asked for fbody flanges so I could bolt them on with this company's bracket, which happens to look very similar to yours. Theirs came with spacers for an ebrake. Didn't use them, but nice that they were available.
One in the same sir! Yes this bracket is being designed to float the caliper where as yours is a static bracket. So- yes, it is similar because it is essentially the same bracket save for the bolted on caliper adapter which houses the slide pins, and it will use the same park brake spacer and 2010-15 SS backing / park plate as your does.
The following users liked this post:
themealonwheels (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha, I thought about that after I replied... man, that name sure is similar to the company, lol. Well thanks for making the brackets, I'm a big fan and usually mention you when someone asks about the brakes on my 57!

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro SS Brembos on a 4th gen?