Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front BMR sway bar hitting coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front BMR sway bar hitting coil overs

I installed upper and lower BMR A arms with strange adjustable coilovers and a front BMR swaybar. I marked the factory k member to keep the alignment. When I went to install the sway bar the ends were against the ajustment nuts on the coilovers. The car is on a lift without the suspension supported. So the A arms are fully extended down. Could this be the reason the swaybar is touching? Anybody run into this before?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 941LEz28
I installed upper and lower BMR A arms with strange adjustable coilovers and a front BMR swaybar. I marked the factory k member to keep the alignment. When I went to install the sway bar the ends were against the ajustment nuts on the coilovers. The car is on a lift without the suspension supported. So the A arms are fully extended down. Could this be the reason the swaybar is touching? Anybody run into this before?

You will need to attach the swaybar with the front suspension loaded.

This is what is likely causing you installation issues.

Any other questions just let me know......
Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply, yeah last night I got the rearend put in and was able to lower the lift so that the car's suspension was loaded. There was about 1/2" clearance between the sway bar and the adjustment nuts. Also the front is sitting way low so the nuts will have to be adjusted up giving me even more clearance.

I installed full front & rear BMR suspension. Everything looks great, thanks for a great product!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good we appreciate the praise....
Old 08-03-2010, 03:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

i have the eldebrock IAS fronts and BMR sways..... with the stock links it hit the bottom of the shock......went a 1/8 shorter on the links and bango presto......no more interferance......wish eldebrock would have told me this to begin with

Quick Reply: Front BMR sway bar hitting coil overs